My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been really spending some time researching the H even before i bought one. i been looking at the paint. i know its gotta be international red, but the rims are silver. also, some of these have silver tabs the hold the rim on. can anyone tell me the right color silver for the rims and are the tabs on the wheels supposed to be silver?

thanx guys

dan

:thanku:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dan,

The rims were originally galvanized, clamps were red. You'll see rims painted every shade of gray, silver or aluminum that exists when you go to a tractor show. I've used the Rustoleum hammertone silver with great results.

Your tractor originally was painted with IH #50 red, which most people cross over the IH #2150 now. My personal opinion is #2150 is a little on the orange side to me. I've used the Valspar Restoration Series paint and hardner which to me is a little darker red.

It all comes down to what you like...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx snider, appreciate the info. i'll prolly try all shades of what the companies call "international red" and try different shades of silver. i'll get a few sheetz of metal and spray them to see what looks best

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
This one is mine it's suppose to correct, it's a '54 Super H but they should be
pretty much the same paint scheme. Been away from here for about 3 months
so it looks like I missed out on a lot. If you want a higher resolution photo just
let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
I have been using rustoleum silver metallic or other brand anti-rust aluminum paint on my farmall wheels with good results. This is a 1941 farmall H

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts