My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just joined to seek assistance with my garbage picked tractor. Figured it would make a good 'toy' for my boys in a few years. Through ALOT of searching, I found out it is a Firestone Supreme 25. Don't know much more about it, supposedly an MTD made LT. 3sp, B&S 5HP, clean and runs great.... but is missing the seat + spring, rear wheels, and has a broken shortside rear axle shaft.

Few more
http://www.mytractorforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=25596

Looks like the previous owner drove it awhile with a bad bearing, as the shaft has 2 deep grooves (one which caused the snap). Hopefully it was used across some other models and available. Otherwise, I will have to weld it up or fab a new one from a old snowblower shaft I have (i hope).

Looking for more info on this little hot-rod, and help to possibly track down a shaft or rear end (standard diff) first, then the rest of the parts.

·
JD318
990 Posts
Welcome to MTF!!!
Interesting little tractor there. You might want to try the MTD forum, as they would have some people that may know.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,834 Posts
I have a few of those tranny's,and maybe a rear axle that would work I saved from some sit down riding mowers..need a better photo of the axle and differential,and an overall width measurement...I have probaly a half dozen of those chain drive rear axles in my shed,from various mowers--some complete with wheels,etc,some partly cannibalized..might have something you could use,but I have no way to post pictures unfortunately..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a few of those tranny's,and maybe a rear axle that would work I saved from some sit down riding mowers..need a better photo of the axle and differential,and an overall width measurement...I have probaly a half dozen of those chain drive rear axles in my shed,from various mowers--some complete with wheels,etc,some partly cannibalized..might have something you could use,but I have no way to post pictures unfortunately..

I'll try to get some better info posted up. I know that short side shaft is 9" long, about it! :) thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
short side- 9"
long size- 13"
diameter- 3/4"
case - approx 6" wide

Says Lester inside the case. The brake and sprocket sit on the left side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chance someone has seen something that'll work while spring cleaning?

I have not had much time to work on this, hope to soon. Likely make the shaft if I can't find one, worth asking again though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got an almost identical unit that came off of a Wizard/Murray rear-engine rider. Whole mower is probably going to scraps. PM me and make an offer. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought I would bump this up for another try... would like to start to get this fixed up over the winter now that we are settled in to our new home.

I welder up that shaft, I think it will be ok...we'll see. I guess some go-kart wheels might work ifno one has anyhting. Just leaves the seat and spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts