My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 18hp briggs motor that only wants to cold start with the choke pulled half the way out. If we pull it fully out it will not cold start. Any ideas on how to fix this or what may be causing the problem? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
My 2 Kawasaki engines both start on half choke. One will stall if the choke isn't immediately pulled off.

Does your Briggs run ok after start?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Can you confirm that "half choke" on the lever is actually half choke on the choke plate in the carb?

If it is a customer's engine, have they altered the carb or jet or anything that might cause this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you confirm that "half choke" on the lever is actually half choke on the choke plate in the carb?

If it is a customer's engine, have they altered the carb or jet or anything that might cause this?
As far as I know he just got the machine used from someone. He does not know anything about the motor so I have no idea if anyone has been inside the carburetor. And yes half choke on the lever is half choke on the plate. I am not sure the blades are exactly half open but it is close. When the blades are fully open with the lever fully pulled out it does not want to start. Only when it is open half way. And this is with me and our tech looking in the carb while trying to start it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts