My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to start the power steering conversion in the 1886.....

I just purchased (and awaiting delivery) of a steering valve from surpluscenter.com

Link to the vavle: https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7666&catname=hydraulic

I also ordered a few small pieces (bearing, coupler for the valve...)

some of the questions that I have are:

1. Should I run the steering through the tractor's hydraulic system or through the loader's?

2. If I run it through the tractor's system, does anybody know how and/or where I would connect each of the five ports from the steering valve? (I don't know hydraulics and never worked on them)

3. Will a cylinder from another 1886 work for a steering cylinder? I have one from an old parts tractor and am low on $$$.

I'll post as many pics as i can and try to list the parts needed as I go.....I'll have to fab some brackets/mounting plates which will be new to me. Warning: they will not be pretty.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
All I can add is that my 1886 with P/S gets its power via the hydro. I know there are instructions for adding the original Bolens P/S kits posted somewhere .. but I'm not sure where ..

Does anyone else know ?? I'm sure that would be a BIG help adding yours :fing32:

·
Registered
829 Posts
All I can add is that my 1886 with P/S gets its power via the hydro. I know there are instructions for adding the original Bolens P/S kits posted somewhere .. but I'm not sure where ..

Does anyone else know ?? I'm sure that would be a BIG help adding yours :fing32:
Ken, you are correct it runs via the hydro pump.I added a pic of how it is setup.It runs from the control valve and then back to it.It is set up a little different on my 23 but it has the oil cooler setup on it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts