204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who has helped on this project. I had a lot of
fun. Learned a lot about Bolens along the way too and I'm sure this
won't be the last project. Still don't have decals on it, but I am going
to leave it bare for a while. I kind of like my friends and relatives asking
me, wow what the heck is that.....All of us here know a big dog when we
see it. I am still looking for another large frame, have to settle for a qt17
for now..Thanks...Dan here are some before and after pics....

Attachments

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Beautiful job on the resto.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Very nice!! I agree with Justin: put the decals on. That will set off the beauiful job to best advantage.

Doug

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Now, go get it dirty! You will feel like it is complete then. What a beautiful tractor. I am sure there was a lot of time and love put into that machine. I will trade you straight across for my 1256 that needs to be restored!

Honestly, you should post the steps you took to get it better than factory. Include pictures if you have them.

Darrell S.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good looking tractor, I have an 1886, and a HT 20. Neither are running at this time. The 1886 caught on fire two yrs ago and I haven't had time to get it running. The HT 20 I bought as a project and have never had the time to get it running, is there an echo in this forum. I am thinking about getting rid of them. They are great pieces of equipment but they need a lot of work and I have too many irons in the fire. I live in KY near Owensboro, not far from Evansville, IN. If anyone is interested, I think my email is listed, if not leave me a private message.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Gillie do you have any attachments? how about pictures?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Very Very nice! I like the colors you chose! I have to agree with the rest the decals would definately make it look that much better just my 2 cents!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts