My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my original thread about the adding power steering and 3 spool valve got brought back up recently, I thought I should present the current status of this tractor.

The independant 3pt hitch with cylinder attached to the third spool is finished. I made frame rail extensions from a 1250 parts tractor and welded bushings into the extensions for the rockshaft. The center mount for the toplink also has a bushing for the rockshaft. I cut a category 0 toplink in half to make adjustable lift links. The lift arms on the rockshaft are 5.5" long. The arms the cylinder pushes against are 5" long. The anchor for the base end of the cylinder inside the tractors left hand frame rail was the tricky part. It took 3 tries to get it right and make it fit.

I've also converted my tiller to work with the independant 3pt hitch. The lift links have slots in the bottom and solid pin holes above. The slots are used to allow the tiller to float.

And now pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its difficult to get a good photo of the cylinder that moves the rockshaft, but here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Real nice work there. Awesome job in making that 3-point hitch.

:congrats:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also found a cozy cab last fall on ebay. I had to rebuild the front cab mounts, replace the glass in the rear window, get the windshield wiper and fan working, but it sure was nice this winter. Within 5 minutes of running it gets warm enough to take your gloves off.

And of course murphy's law got me, the only hoses I didn't replace were the 2 hoses between the valve and cylinder for the center rockshaft that lifts the plow. Guess where I have a leak....... Cab and seat pan will have to come off to fix that :fing20:

Hydraulic angle Snow plow and hitch
or Snow plow and Tiller

Attachments

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
That is a great idea! That is one thing that was lacking in the large frames, the 3 points couldmnot be used separately from the plow and they were not independent.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Also do you mind me asking what those red circles are that are on your rear end near the hub? Are they extra weights?

·
Registered
399 Posts
The anchor for the base end of the cylinder inside the tractors left hand frame rail was the tricky part. It took 3 tries to get it right and make it fit.

Looks good !!

The cylinder was definitely the tricky part for me. I should have spent more time on it as I can't pull the cylinder without sliding the entire bracket out (the cylinder pin hits the hydro pump).

I have yet to obtain any attachments for mine. Sure is handy for keeping the tow-behind sprayer and trailers level though. And every time I hop on it I can't help but cycle it up and down, just because... :thThumbsU

-Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
That is sweet! If you could turn that into a kit I would pay you for it. It would be so nice to leave the deck on, raise that, then go pick up the Lawn plugger, raise that, go across the driveway, put it down and go to work.

Just a thought, if we reversed the cylinder in the mount, would that make a tighter fit, to get away from the hydro?Just a standoff stud with hole and clip.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Nice work on the 3pt designs I love it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bolens Kid,
Yes, the red donuts on the inside of the rim are weights attached to the hub on the axle. If you have a large frame you will notice there are 12 holes in the hubs, the wheel only uses 6 obviously so the other 6 can be used to attach weight.
I can't claim ownership for the idea, the previous owner built these weights and attached them. They are awesome, 85# of steel each and you can pull the tires off without disturbing them.
I also have 45# weights on the outside of the rim so the tractor is well anchored. With the cab on top of that, it really made a difference plowing snow this winter. I really don't spin anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts