My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my deck installed on my super. Problems is the PTO will start fine in the start postition but as soon as I let go of the switch to run position the PTO disengages. The reverse switch at the lever had been 1/2 way disconnected when I got the tractor. So I went ahead and removed it and jumpered the wire as it appeared to be a normally closed switch. I haven't really done any diagnostics yet. Do the safety lockout switches stop the pto or the engine on these tractors? My last tractor they shut down the engine but it had a belt tension pto not an electric. I aprreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I finally got my deck installed on my super. Problems is the PTO will start fine in the start postition but as soon as I let go of the switch to run position the PTO disengages. The reverse switch at the lever had been 1/2 way disconnected when I got the tractor. So I went ahead and removed it and jumpered the wire as it appeared to be a normally closed switch. I haven't really done any diagnostics yet. Do the safety lockout switches stop the pto or the engine on these tractors? My last tractor they shut down the engine but it had a belt tension pto not an electric. I aprreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.
Yes, the switch it self will fail and then the two safety switches will disengage the PTO also, at the brake pedel and the seat. I bypass the two safety switches.

My 1811 is completely original and unmolested by the previous owner and is the only one I've had that has had the electrical butchered, the switches all behave as they should and the engine and pto will cut out if you rise from the seat while engaged.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts