My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,575 Posts
Thanks, Mike. Credit to Ellis' thread that started me thinking, and wondering about it. At the time that I was cleaning out my uncle's house, I just lifted it off his mantle, brought it home, and mounted it back on my wall. It's been a display piece here for the last 10, or so years that I haven't bothered with until now.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,177 Posts
The worst part of shooting is the cleaning when you get home. Lol

Nice job on the Springfield, Ellis!
I have never cleaned black powder, the worst one I have to clean is corrosive ammo in my mosin - I hate doing that. Newer guns with good powder, I don't mind cleaning at all, I kind of enjoy it. rimfire revolvers can be a pain to get all the powder off

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ellis, your Drilling sounds like very neat, and rare rifle. Do you have any pics?
It's a beauty, I'll see about getting some pics, dave.

Beautiful rifle, Dave, I bet it looked real nice mounted over a fire place. I wish I had a fire place, I have an old Stevens break open single shot 12 gage that would look good on display. I’ve fired it several times and had the bruises to prove it. A friend of my late FIL’s always called it “A Goat Gun”. You nail the dumb thing into the dirt and tie the goat to it. Lol
Goat gun.......that's pretty funny. We call 'em "tomato stakes", Mike.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,177 Posts
It's a beauty, I'll see about getting some pics, dave.

Goat gun.......that's pretty funny. We call 'em "tomato stakes", Mike.
Can you imagine someone tying up their tomatoes with rifles? Dang... even if I ran out of ammo and no more was produced I would never do that... LOL

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Can you imagine someone tying up their tomatoes with rifles? Dang... even if I ran out of ammo and no more was produced I would never do that... LOL
Same here, James. Some of my favorite shooters are former tomato stakes. Usually, get them for 25-50 bucks.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts