My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body else have any problems with there lift cylinder creeping down on there cub after awhile. mine will be all the way down after a couple days and I dont like it to in case I need to move the tractor I cant. I do know the fluid and filter needs changed in the hydro not sure when it was ever changed but I might as well change it any way it works fine it just wont stay up...even running it creeps down. Is this a dying hydro or the fluid really needs changed? the hydro its self is good and strong it dosent creep it wines a little but I have not seen many that dont, the fluid level is full and it smells like the right fluid the only thing I can come up with is it needs a fluid and filter change im just not looking forward to it(did it once on a 129 I had and it was a pain but it was easy) Any body else got anything to add im all ears

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Most Hydraulic Lifts will do that when Parked even On the Big Row crop tractors Running I never had it Happen

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Sergeant, the only reason I asked was a buddy of mine has a 782 and his has never creeped down the only other thing I can add is when I first got this tractor it had set in a garage for a year un touched and once i got it to run and used it the lift wouldnt pick up the mower deck i actually had to reach down to help it but after i used it for a couple hours it worked fine picking it up with no problem but that probably had to do with it not being ran in a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts