My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear lift cylinder(3pt) is leaking and i am going to attempt to rebuild it. The question i have is how do i tell which type of cylinder it is? Parts tree shows two types (victor and benton). The kits are different and without tearing the cylinder down i am not sure how to tell which one i have on the tractor.

Thanks in advance.........

·
Registered
940 Posts
the hydraulic shop down the street from me told me about $50 per cylinder to reseal.
maybe you might want to look for one
i know the way i work ill end up having to replate the piston because i love using a hammer LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snap how difficult is the disassembly ? i mean im no stranger to mechanic stuff.... just trying to decide whether i want to pay $70 bucks at the hydraulic shop or do it myself for the cost of the kit which is like $10 if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cadman, disassembly was fairly easy, hardest part was pressing the cyclinder rod out. With the help of fellow member DMAC and his homebrewed press it wasnt bad at all. Cleaning any paint and such from the inside of the cylinder behind the rear pin seemed to help. I didnt realize rebuild kits were still available. probably would have went that route had I known. good luck and let me know how you make out. :trink39: Snap200

1 - 5 of 5 Posts