My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The mid mount hydraulic hose got pinched on the engine mount and is leaking. Can these hoses be repaired or do you have to replace with a replacement rubber hose?

I have never dealt with hydraulics before.
Would you suggest Princess Auto??

Thank you

·
22,338 Posts
PAL can fix you up, but it won't be identical. OEM has steel tubing as part of the line for saving space at the valves.

Pull the line off and take it into Edmonton if you don't have a hydraulics shop closer. Get some zip ties to tie it out of the way while you're at it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob,

We have an agco dealer closer that makes hoses too, what would one expect to pay? 3/8" hose maybe 3-4feet

·
22,338 Posts
The hoses are 1/4", and I think with -6 JIC (3/8") fittings. I think they're more like 2 - 3' in total length.

Probably in the $20 - $28 range.

Take the old hose with you so The Man can see which fittings are needed. There are several different hose termination fittings for each size of hose. You may have to change a fitting on the valve in order to have enough room. Hoses don't like sharp bends and there's not much room. Explain the situation to The Man and get his recommendation. Maybe take the one fitting off the valve with you as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a 3/8 hose approx 48". Cost me $35.
I didnt change any fittings on the valve, but if I get chains for this then I think it would be good to add an elbow to the valve.

This has atf in the trans/hydraulics..type F I presume.
What are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts