My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have an 1811 and would like to add some weight to the back of it. I have seen in prior post about needing to reinforce a particular area before adding any weight. My question is what needs to be reinforced and how is the best way of going about it?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have never heard of this. I have 65 lbs wheel weights, about 250 lbs of steel mold base cutouts in a box on the back, And I weigh around 250 lbs. I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What are you needing the extra weight for? If you're just going to have a thrower or blade on the front or maybe hook a plow to the rear all you really need is the tires filled with fluid and wheel weights. A loader on the other hand i'd do what joe did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a blower. I have been looking for wheel weight for quit some time and have had now luck. I personal do not like filling my tires with fluid plus I need to tube one of them. I have a bunch of old window weights sitting around so that is why I was asking because I was thinking of just building a weight box.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had a blower on my 1211 for about two snow storms. It sucked. A plow is the only way to go unless you have a blacktop/cement driveway. when you raise that blower it takes all the weight of the rear tires and you will go nowhere. On my 1211 with no extra weight, If I raised the blower I could lift the back of the tractor of the ground with 2 fingers under the fender.
Why do you not want to fill you're wheels ? It is probably the cheapest most effective weight there is. With no wheel weights you are going to need to have atleast 200 lbs of those window weights in that box to make difference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can also pump fluid into the tube if needed. You just take out that piece in the valve stem, pump in the fluid, put piece back in and then add air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts