My Tractor Forum banner

Do you think it turned out alright

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made Stake racks for my John Deere 17p cart the past couple of days and wanted to share some pictures and details.i started with green treated 1x4's cut them to size. I stained them with homade stain I made from Tumeric spice powder mixed with equal parts water (yellow). Then I sealed the lumber with SparUrithane before assembling. Once assembled I added decals that I brought from eBay and Amazon then sealed over them. I then going a way to install my slow moving sign early whenever I may need it.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
4,657 Posts
Wow that looks awesome!
I wouldn't overload the cart with heavy stuff though. The plastic could blow out.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
A 17p Cart is rated to 1000lbs.....it should be good.. Great Job...love the decals

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! As for overloading the cart it is rated for 1000 lb and the racks are mostly for halling leaves and may remove the front rack and use just the side racks sometimes for hallong brush.
A 17p Cart is rated to 1000lbs.....it should be good.. Great Job...love the decals
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Thank you! As for overloading the cart it is rated for 1000 lb and the racks are mostly for halling leaves and may remove the front rack and use just the side racks sometimes for hallong brush.
Thank you!
I'm not going to let the Wife see it.....She'll want me to do it, too!!!

Reactions: Mikehahn

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks awesome! Definitely need to remember that stain recipe! Looks just right against the green.

Reactions: robs9

·
Citizen of Earth
16,346 Posts
Looks fantastic! How did you come up with your tumeric spice stain recipe? And what did you use to link the front panel to the side panels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks fantastic! How did you come up with your tumeric spice stain recipe? And what did you use to link the front panel to the side panels?
Thank you everyone! I found the Tumeric recipe on line and decided to try it. The color is even closer to John Deere Yellow before it is polyurethaned.attatched it the link for what I used on the stake rack corners.

X-Haibei 4pc Trailer Stake Rack Corner Connector Brackets Straight Wood Sides Latch Rack Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J6NB5N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_3G0HQE6TW48NQWPZ3D44

·
4 acres of fun!
146 Posts
Nice work! I have bookmarked this post as an inspiration for making one for my 17P.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you! I hope yours turns out good too and you have fun building it too. Make sure to post pictures of of it when you biuld it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts