My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 318,JD 400 with loader and cubcadet 1772 with box blade
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a cub 1772 for sale in my area that seems to be in good shape with rebuilt injectors and a gear reduction starter. I have never owned a cub cadet but do own several John Deere garden tractors and the cub cadets seem to be just as good. He’s asking 3500 for it. It also includes a 60inch deck and upgraded glow plugs he said. It’s not in bad shape and those little diesels last a long time. Just wondering if a 1772 is a good choice for a first cub

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one dose have the deck and 3 point. I will mainly use it for my box blade and other 3 point attachments. It seems to be a good little tractor. How many hours do you think it will last. It has all the new parts that seem to go bad so that should last a long time right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He also has just informed me that it may need a new ignition switch. But he said he has a cheater wire that he goes across the battery post? It doesn’t seem like a big thing but I asked if he would take less money and he said no he’s firm on 3500

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it followed me home

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It runs great starts perfect and is in pretty good shape
I took the deck off so I could fit my 318 in the shop too but it mows good. I really like the diesel and have replaced the ignition already but it did not help I still have to jump the starter any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the kids already for the Fourth of July! I have my 1772 cub and my 318 John Deere out at my grandmas house getting ready for some hotdogs and watermelon! God bless happy fourth!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here’s a picture from when I first got it before I took the deck off and made my new exhaust

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After using and loving my 1772 I am so happy I spent the money and got my first super garden tractor. Its at the ranch right now in charrge of maintaing the driveways and lanes. When it was living in the neiborhood, It kept finding jobs! Trimming trees and hauling limbs and doing small landscaping tasks with the box blade. Sine I bought it the hour meter has somehow gone up by 41 hours? no idea how they got there ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts