My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1990 John Deere 318, John Deere 316, Ford 8n and box blade
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a cub 1772 for sale in my area that seems to be in good shape with rebuilt injectors and a gear reduction starter. I have never owned a cub cadet but do own several John Deere garden tractors and the cub cadets seem to be just as good. He’s asking 3500 for it. It also includes a 60inch deck and upgraded glow plugs he said. It’s not in bad shape and those little diesels last a long time. Just wondering if a 1772 is a good choice for a first cub

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
There is a cub 1772 for sale in my area that seems to be in good shape with rebuilt injectors and a gear reduction starter. I have never owned a cub cadet but do own several John Deere garden tractors and the cub cadets seem to be just as good. He’s asking 3500 for it. It also includes a 60inch deck and upgraded glow plugs he said. It’s not in bad shape and those little diesels last a long time. Just wondering if a 1772 is a good choice for a first cub
Not a Bad MTD made Cub Cadet The Gas engine(Kubota diesel converted to run Gas) In My 2182 is Basically the same Kubota engine that is In the 1772 . The Nice thing about the 1772 is, It has a steel Hood My 2182 has a Polymer Hood prone to Breaking
The Problem with the Supers is attachments the Haban 54inch front Blade can be Hard to find . a 3point Hitch is easy to come by as there is an aftermarket Manufacturer. The Rear 2000RPM PTO & OEM 3point can be expensive if Found to buy. and Cub 2000RPM PTO attachments are starting to become Rare. I Only use my 2182 for 3 point work and I do have a 45inch two stage snow blower for it

I have converted the aftermarket Cat 0 3point Hitch to a Limited Cat 1 3point Hitch on the 2182. So I can change back and forth between Cat 0 or Cat 1 3point Hitches (y)
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Reactions: Gage A

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one dose have the deck and 3 point. I will mainly use it for my box blade and other 3 point attachments. It seems to be a good little tractor. How many hours do you think it will last. It has all the new parts that seem to go bad so that should last a long time right?

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
This one dose have the deck and 3 point. I will mainly use it for my box blade and other 3 point attachments. It seems to be a good little tractor. How many hours do you think it will last. It has all the new parts that seem to go bad so that should last a long time right?
It could Last another 30 years or even Longer if Maintained Properly.
Oh BTW if You buy it and want to convert it to a Limited Cat 1 I can give You a List of Parts You Need to order From Ruegg to Covert it to a Limited Cat 1 (y)

Reactions: Gage A

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He also has just informed me that it may need a new ignition switch. But he said he has a cheater wire that he goes across the battery post? It doesn’t seem like a big thing but I asked if he would take less money and he said no he’s firm on 3500

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
He also has just informed me that it may need a new ignition switch. But he said he has a cheater wire that he goes across the battery post? It doesn’t seem like a big thing but I asked if he would take less money and he said no he’s firm on 3500
I Paid $1,200 for my 2182 Probably Put Over $1,000 Plus Into since I Purchased it January 202

If all it Needs is an ignition switch That would seem like a Fair Price, I Guess (y)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It runs great starts perfect and is in pretty good shape
I took the deck off so I could fit my 318 in the shop too but it mows good. I really like the diesel and have replaced the ignition already but it did not help I still have to jump the starter any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
14,515 Posts
As far as jumping it....start by removing both cables from the battery...clean the cable ends and the terminals ...then trace the ground cable to where it attaches to the chassis....remove it, clean it and reconnect it......go to where the red cable from the battery connects to the starter...same thing...remove, clean both the cable end and the terminal...reconnect...see what happens at that point...also check that battery is fully charged ...glad you got it and that you like it 😁 ..hope you get years of happy seat time on it(y)

·
Super Moderator
12,366 Posts
Reactions: MARK (LI)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts