Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oil pressure sensor switch.
Got it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
How can you tell with all that "fur" on things? Rinse it down with some turpentine so you can really see what's happening.

(I'm on a turpentine rant)

·
Registered
7,945 Posts

(I'm on a turpentine rant)
I just found 2 quarts of the Gunk stuff you are supposed to mix with kerosene.

WOW, that stuff is amazing!! :fing32: I used diesel instead of kerosene, because I had that.

30 years of grease and dried oil came right off, I could have used a garden hose!!

I let it set for two days.

I put the mix in a 1 gallon pump up sprayer, parked the tractor on a gravel driveway where I wanted to kill the grass, and sprayed.

Old school, but, it worked great!!

I normally use Greased Lightnin'.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys need to try purple power! I use that stuff at work. It's great!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Turpentine uses Purple Power on its cereal and eats it for breakfast. And then pees it out on the flower garden as fertilizer. Dayum...that turpentine is bad a**.

Purple Power is Mister T.
Turpentine is Chuck Norris.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Serious question: If you have a KMT engine repowering an 800 or 8000 series rider, and the engine is equiped with this Oil pressure sensor switch, how difficult would it be it install a monitoring light of the kind that comes stock on a G series tractor.

Anyone have a diagram of what needs to be done?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turpentine uses Purple Power on its cereal and eats it for breakfast. And then pees it out on the flower garden as fertilizer. Dayum...that turpentine is bad a**.

Purple Power is Mister T.
Turpentine is Chuck Norris.
And then feed it to your feral cats!:hide:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Serious question: If you have a KMT engine repowering an 800 or 8000 series rider, and the engine is equiped with this Oil pressure sensor switch, how difficult would it be it install a monitoring light of the kind that comes stock on a G series tractor.

Anyone have a diagram of what needs to be done?

Thanks
I should be easy. On the 89 20G with Kohler M20 it does not have a oil pressure light.

I plan to add the sensor and use the oil pressure light/buzzer as shown in the sticky. I think I'll put the light in the empty hole next to the light switch since the 20G dash is different. I looked up the wiring diagram from newer G-series it shows the hot coming from the light switch hot feed to the oil light, ground side of oil light to oil pressure sensor. Your 816 should have a "oil" light already if you do change it out for a new light the old "oil" light is hard to find and some one might want it. I got lucky and found 2 NOS "oil" lights on ebay.

Gravely16G now would be a great time to add the oil filter mount and oil filter while you are cleaning and working in that area. Jason

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Gravely16G now would be a great time to add the oil filter mount and oil filter while you are cleaning and working in that area. Jason
I might just do that!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I've really done it now. Anyone have any ideas?
I need to get this exhaust off now I think and it's not budging.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't reckon an ez out would work would it?
If so, Anyone know the right size out I'd need?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Chemicals are your friend. PB Blaster, Kroil, Freeze off, etc. Spray it on there liberally, tap it with a hammer a couple times, then try and extract it. I don't like ez-outs.... as they tend to be brittle, and if you break it off, then you are REALLY in trouble.......

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Chemicals are your friend. PB Blaster, Kroil, Freeze off, etc. Spray it on there liberally, tap it with a hammer a couple times, then try and extract it. I don't like ez-outs.... as they tend to be brittle, and if you break it off, then you are REALLY in trouble.......
After looking at the pic again, it now looks like you broke it off flush!! :swow:

Is that what we are looking at :dunno: we need better pics or more description!! :fing32:

If you have a flush break, what I would do is;

file the inside of the hole square

then

use a square easy out

What other alternative is there for a flush break, other than an easy out? :dunno:

I guess if the remaining material in there is steel, you might try the "weld a nut on" technique.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Go to harbor freight, get a cheap set of crows feet. long extension with flex socket and out she goes. If not Jack her as high as you can from the rear and work from there. Should be a piece of cake. If i were closer i would have it out in no time. Adapter should take less than half hour to install. Just a matter of twisting those hands up there.Any questions, contact me. C.V.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is not much there to grab onto if anything at all.

After looking at the pic again, it now looks like you broke it off flush!! :swow:

Is that what we are looking at :dunno: we need better pics or more description!! :fing32:

If you have a flush break, what I would do is;

file the inside of the hole square

then

use a square easy out

What other alternative is there for a flush break, other than an easy out? :dunno:

I guess if the remaining material in there is steel, you might try the "weld a nut on" technique.
The remaining material is the plug, which is plastic.

Go to harbor freight, get a cheap set of crows feet. long extension with flex socket and out she goes. If not Jack her as high as you can from the rear and work from there. Should be a piece of cake. If i were closer i would have it out in no time. Adapter should take less than half hour to install. Just a matter of twisting those hands up there.Any questions, contact me. C.V.
C.V. I sent you a pm. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Crows foot is what you need. It goes on an extension on your ratchet and is what the doctor ordered. I see hex flats in that picture. Go to an auto parts store and buy one or a set. I have a set from Harbor Fright and sometimes its the only thing that works.

Here is an example:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts