My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Bolens 1600h
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch on my barn find machine would always engage the first time when cutting grass. When it came to a water break it wouldn't engage unless I tapped it. Hopefully an adjustment has cured this. Specs call for .010 to .015 gap. Picture is
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design
Train Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Wheel
Train Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Train Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
the way I found it. I tightened the four nuts till I had it at .015. Then brought it to. 011 by tightening in a circle a very little bit at a time. Hope this helps someone. I love my little Amazon hoist.

·
Registered
888 Posts
My clutch* started this way, ie, the nuts loosened and gap increased and clutch wouldn't engage. Went like this a couple years but got worse and finally it both stopped engaging and blew the fuse.

A new/rewound coil should be here Tues.

Dan
* - likely the same as yours, but with a different pulley - TroyBilt GTX 20 w/Vee twin

·
Registered
Bolens 1600h
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the nylok nuts is a bit loose I'll be replacing them. Hopefully it will help mine last. Next year I plan to purchase a reworked unit just so I have a spare.
Jim

·
Registered
181 Posts
The clutch on my barn find machine would always engage the first time when cutting grass. When it came to a water break it wouldn't engage unless I tapped it. Hopefully an adjustment has cured this. Specs call for .010 to .015 gap. Picture is View attachment 2567596 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567594 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567596 View attachment 2567594 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567596 the way I found it. I tightened the four nuts till I had it at .015. Then brought it to. 011 by tightening in a circle a very little bit at a time. Hope this helps someone. I love my little Amazon hoist.
The clutch on my barn find machine would always engage the first time when cutting grass. When it came to a water break it wouldn't engage unless I tapped it. Hopefully an adjustment has cured this. Specs call for .010 to .015 gap. Picture is View attachment 2567596 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567594 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567596 View attachment 2567594 View attachment 2567595 View attachment 2567596 the way I found it. I tightened the four nuts till I had it at .015. Then brought it to. 011 by tightening in a circle a very little bit at a time. Hope this helps someone. I love my little Amazon hoist.
One of the nylok nuts is a bit loose I'll be replacing them. Hopefully it will help mine last. Next year I plan to purchase a reworked unit just so I have a spare.
Jim
Taking the hood off is the way to go as it is a fight for access if you don't. Also, those clutch plates have a fair amount of run out, so I spin the pulley to find the tight spot and adjust closer to .010.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Correct, plus he checks yours to be sure it's bad.
Guys' name is Frank - 401-965-2221, he sells on both e-bxx and c-list, if you call (c-list) it's a bit cheaper. Very nice guy to work with and the re-wound coils are well done.

·
Registered
Bolens 1600h
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taking the hood off is the way to go as it is a fight for access if you don't. Also, those clutch plates have a fair amount of run out, so I spin the pulley to find the tight spot and adjust closer to .010.
Indeed, I wasn't even going to attempt the task with the hood on. I left it around .011.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts