My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 1650 a few months ago. I think I posted some pictures when it was still parked the po's house. Since then, I have had to do very little to get it going. I just recently cut a bunch of excess metal off the deck & replaced the blades. This is the one that I posted about the loud mower deck. Well, I have been a Cub Cadet collector for about 10 years, & recently ran across one I had to have. It has a cat o hitch on it also, & they are tough to find on a Cub. So, this morning, my son & I loaded up the 1650 to go pick up the Cub, which is also a 1650. The Cub had been sitting for about 4 years, but the Snapper just pulled up onto the trailer with no problem. I unloaded it at home & used it to pull the Cub into the backyard. I was figuring that the Cub would have had a stuck rearend & that I could use the lift to pick it up & load it, but I didn't have too. I paid $200.00 for this Snapper & have put less than another $100.00 into it. I feel like I did pretty good on this one. Oh, I picked up the Cub for $125.00!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
You have no idea what that 1650 can tow. When I had my rental business, I had one that was used to move equipment. I adapted a pintle hook to the rear hydraulic lift, so you could back into something and pick it up. Used to tow tandem axle trailers every day, and occasionally a 5000# wood chipper. It wasn't too happy about the chipper, as it had a lot of tongue weight. It did this for 15 years, and rarely faltered. Keep the engine revved up and let the transmission do the work. Sold it for $900 when I liquidated the business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts