My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the gasket between the pump and transmission on my 1650. Do I need to remove the unit from the frame and tip it up to do it? I have an engine hoist and I wasn't sure if I could just lift the front end as high as I could. :thanku:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I normally jack it up and block the frame. Then pull the whole transaxle out from underneath and out the back. It's not really a huge hard job just takes some time. You'll have to drain it 1st. Un hook the hydro linkage ball joint at the rear. Driveshaft rags joint bolts. Of course the seat and fender pan and tunnel cover, battery box. Don't forget to unplug the tail lights. Lay the tranny on the diff cover and lift the pump off. Warning the joint has to be clean and dry or you will be doing it again. Pump likes to drip when you set it in place. Obviously this is not a complete step by step. Just hitting the high spots and not really in order either. Good time to clean everything really well to keep it running cool.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Squatch is correct but you don't have to drain the diff. If you stand it on end no fluid would leak out. You do have to put the side bolts back in or you will loose fluid. Make sure you wash the pump housing real good before you take it apart. But if you need to change the fluid anyway just drain it.
DON'T USE ANY SEALER PRODUCT ON THE NEW GASKET!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts