My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Hi Nessmuck, and welcome to MTF.
I removed your email from the post for security reasons. People can contact you here in the thread or via our personal messaging system.
Good luck finding what you need... no doubt someone will be along shortly.
Glad to have you aboard. 馃嵒

The original pulleys are now hard to find. My solution from over 35 years ago was to make a new PTO shaft with keyways and use more standard industrial cast iron pulleys with a straight bore and keyway.

For a direct replacement for your application, Surplus Center has a heavy wall splined coupling available that can be cut with a key slot for use with a cast iron straight bore pulley, or a 2-piece pulley with a tapered bushing that will tightly grasp the coupling even without the keyway can be used. (I suggest that the keyway option would be preferable for high intensity work loads.)

The Maska pulleys and bushings are available at industrial supply houses. The two pieces, bushing and pulley, are separate items when purchasing. I prefer brick and mortar stores when searching for oddball parts for non-standard application because the counterman may have knowledge of other options that can be applied. This is a service not available with online retailers. It's also how I found out about the 2-part pulleys in the first place.

When I made the change to cast iron industrial pulleys, the original splined hub MF/Snapper pulley had a $52 price tag. The 2-piece Maska set up (for a single v-belt) was $34. That was in 1985.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts