My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a broadmoore with of all things a 16 inteck. Most came with VaNGUARDS. This thing runs stong but burns oil big time. It only has 225 hours on it. My 14 hp vanguard has never burned a drop. It has way way mor hours.

What is the deal or did we just get a bad one? I have seen engines like this before that lasted forever but just burned oil. We have to add after every mowing and we usually run the engine a bout 1.5 hours but its always low the next time we check it. It does not smoke and it does not leak that we can find. We are putting 30wt briggs oil in it and I dont know who makes it but it really should not matter. The engine runs strong and pulls good.

ADvice? Ideas? Solutions?

Kinda makes you mad because this is a cutting maching and does a **** of a job. Its a 44 inch deck by the way.

I think i POSTED about this a long time ago but got no response but I could not find the thread. Its just a bit frustrating. Some engines use oil and some dont.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suspect head gasket leaking, very common with these engines.

Walt Conner
Thank you Walt. i have seen a bit of leakage around the valve covers but nothing that is serious. I will keep an eye on it. Dang thing runs good and is strong as all get out surpisingly. I just dont like these inteks. The Vanguards are just superior imo.

Oh well, I didnt buy it and pay for it but its frustrating. I just hate an oil burner. It seems excessive to me but thats me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts