My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when did LB recommend the 32:1 ratio over the 16:1? I have some older mowers and want to make sure im rich enough. Heck....i got to imagine the iron horses are 16:1 but what about the C series bricks and the other c series style from the early to 60s? ANyone know when they made the call to switch the ratio?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
when did LB recommend the 32:1 ratio over the 16:1? I have some older mowers and want to make sure im rich enough. Heck....i got to imagine the iron horses are 16:1 but what about the C series bricks and the other c series style from the early to 60s? ANyone know when they made the call to switch the ratio?
I believe it was when they changed the wrist pin connection from bushing to bearing. Don't know the years but most people look at the number of rings to tell. Three rings: 16:1. two rings 32:1. But it's not because of the rings.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting.....

so pull off the exaust....turn it over by hand and watch the piston pass the ports and count the rings.

3 rings ......16:1
2 rings .......32:1

good to know

·
Registered
437 Posts
interesting.....

so pull off the exaust....turn it over by hand and watch the piston pass the ports and count the rings.

3 rings ......16:1
2 rings .......32:1

good to know
That is a good rule of thumb but the main reason was going from the bronze bushing to the roller bearing on the wrist pin like Orangedot said. You can convert the old 3 ring/bronze bushing to the newer 2 ring/roller bearing with no problems. I just did that on my 7256.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts