My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 155C with the 48" deck that struck a metal marker in the lawn while mowing. The center blade hit it and the deck was vibrating badly. I shut it down and had a look, the center blade was just spinning loosely on the nut while the other 2 seem fine. I took the blade off to find the star pattern is ground down and flattened to the point where the original blade or the new one doesnt come close to fitting on it. Am I going to need to replace the whole mandrel or just the shaft? And do I need to get this part from a dealer? John Deere's site doesnt seem to sell anything besides maintence parts.

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
I have a JD 155C with the 48" deck that struck a metal marker in the lawn while mowing. The center blade hit it and the deck was vibrating badly. I shut it down and had a look, the center blade was just spinning loosely on the nut while the other 2 seem fine. I took the blade off to find the star pattern is ground down and flattened to the point where the original blade or the new one doesnt come close to fitting on it. Am I going to need to replace the whole mandrel or just the shaft? And do I need to get this part from a dealer? John Deere's site doesnt seem to sell anything besides maintence parts.
I just experienced an event with a Craftman mower where my star pattern was trashed...and I had to order the whole mandrel assembly...:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts