My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started in on my 1556. When I shut the motor off, fluid would pour out somewhere. I removed the fenders, and discovered the hose that runs from the resivour to the hydro is bad. I was wondering what the purpose of the spring inside the hose is. I am going to go out later and pick up a new hose and some clamps, but I'm just curious as to whether that spring is required. Other than that, the thing runs AWESOME. It's the first tube frame hydro that I have ever driven. It is also the first time I have owned a tractor with a running tec motor. I will post up some pics once I put the fenders back on.

Jason

·
Registered
829 Posts
The spring is for keeping the hose from collapsing.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Jason I have two 1556's. One is a daily runner the other is all apart as I slowly restore it. That 1556 is an awesome tube frame tractor for sure!

·
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Jason, and here I thought you only liked large frames! The 1556 is certainly smaller than many of your others, but yeah, they do have a lot of heart.

I'm looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay getting pics. I was having too much fun. I got it all back together and I put the sleeve hitch and plow on it. It does great plowing.

Jason

·
Registered
299 Posts
we got one for the youngest brother, they are pretty torquee machines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts