My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been battling a leak at the hydraulic drive motor on my 155. So a few weeks ago I decided to take it apart and hopefully fix the problem.

I drained the rear end, unhooked the brake valve, removed the outer cap screws to bring the "guts" of the motor out. I then took out the 4 bolts on the inside of the rear end to take off the motor housing. I didn't have a new gasket, but made one using some gasket material and also put some silicone around it.

I then assemble everything, refill with fresh Rotella, get it fired up and reverse and forward are switched...

Any idea what this could be? Did I flip something 180 degrees during installation that would have caused this?

Also, my leak isn't necessarily fixed, though it doesn't seem to be as bad as it once was. I think alot of the leakage is from the brake valve. Is this easy to rebuild? Looks to be just a few o-rings according to the manuals.

While I have the drive motor apart to fix it, should I replace any parts (o-rings, etc.?) if so are these parts available from any dealers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You most likely reversed your lines on your hydraulic motor.

Contact Brian Hildret (bhildret) of this forum for orings for the brake, he recently helped another member with the same problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went out and looked and I'm not sure that it is possible.

The tube that comes out of the front of the Travel Control Valve is flat and goes into the bottom fitting on the brake valve. The rear tube on the Travel Control Valve has a bend in it which allows it to rear the top fitting on the brake valve.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
The problem has to do with the way you put the drive motor back together.

You need to take the end cap off of the hydraulic motor, mark the teeth
on the shaft and on the gear and move it one tooth either way, this will
make the tractor move forward when you move the lever forward.

You had a 50/50 chance of getting it right when you put the motor back together the first time. :bananapow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts