My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been finding a few mowers that would be decent but the BBCs have issues. Easy enough to replace the bearings cheaply (both NSKs online for under $20 shipped) but I've had a couple where the friction material was broken or worn out. Has anyone found some material that could be modified to fit these clutches & glued back on?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I dont think I'd try to glue material back onto the bbc as I'd be afraid of it coming apart and throwing shrapnel around. Is the entire assembly still available from john deere? If so, that's the route I'd choose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think I'd try to glue material back onto the bbc as I'd be afraid of it coming apart and throwing shrapnel around. Is the entire assembly still available from john deere? If so, that's the route I'd choose.
The friction material is thin & light so won't have much momentum...much less dangerous than striking a rock. Yes the entire assembly is available but it is $184 I believe. The bottom have with the friction material can be bought for around $100. Either way enough to make a mower not worth fixing if there are many other issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts