My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 14Hp B&S Mod 287707 Type 0153-01.
It blew yesterday. It had been rebuilt about 4-5 years ago and yesterday the thing let loose. It blew a hole through both sides of the crank case and was most surprising. I wasn't too shook about it, though this was the first time anything like this happened to me.
So without knowing detail of what happened inside as to what broke, I'm guessing form the size of the exits wholes that it may be more than 50% to rebuild.

Anyone have a source for another used engine of this type or am I going to have to buy new?
I think though, I will break this wounded engine down and just see what maybe needed. Perhap ebay could yeld enough parts to get her back.??

Thanks
Judd

·
Registered
668 Posts
Craigslist, might not be a 14HP, but there will be another single verticle engine that will bolt right up. Around here they run $75-150 depending on the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI

I have the same engine and need a used carb. Any chance of you parting out the engine. Sorry to hear it blew...maybe you can get some $$ to buy another. Thanks, bstrom1953 in Washington State.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts