My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics of my 140 half naked. Boy 40 years of gunk looks bad on the tranny....

Attachments

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
****, that trany looks horrible. Carefully clean off the top of the 2 check valves to ensure that you don't allor dirt in there, and then tape the tops of them while you are cleaning the rest of the trany.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I would pressure wash the whole tractor.that will get some of the crud off then spray a can of Junk engine cleaner all over and under the tractor.Let it soak in for a little while then finish it off with the pressure washer again. It should look like new again.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I used Gunk and my garden hose and it did great
I don't know what I was thinking. Gunk not junk. Spell check didn't catch that.Thanks...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting it all clean with gunk or junk. I will need to see a good pic for the colors. Nwhat is green and what is yellow etc
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
If you aren't going to show it then just have fun! Look at the blower in my Avatar, it isn't the same as the "Original" paint scheme. Close, but I don't really worry about it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not going to show it so the sky is the limit. I am going to stay traditional with the colors. I have another question. The rims are different in the back but it does not look like one sticks out further than the other. Maybe a change somewhere in the 40'years

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya somewhere along the years mine happened to get some rear rims that seem to be different than everyone elses too. But hey if they have the same offset and ya aint showing it like PA said. Nobody will see the rims with a nice set of wheel weights!:fing32:

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Not going to show it so the sky is the limit. I am going to stay traditional with the colors. I have another question. The rims are different in the back but it does not look like one sticks out further than the other. Maybe a change somewhere in the 40'years
The early 110s had smaller rims; perhaps somebody swapped one of those into the mix?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tires are the same size. One rim is flat and one rim sticks out inthe middle. I can take some pics later. As far as the fans how would u check the function. They are beautifully clean now. The hood and tub is painted needs to be clear coated.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
The rims can be mounted either way for wide or narrow stance. Maybe one is mounted the opposite of the other side?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
The hood and tub is painted needs to be clear coated.
Did the camera break ??!! ::wwp: more:wwp: more:wwp:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No broken camera just a minor glitch. Went to clear the hood and the base lifted in a couple of spots. Now it is raining and humidity is a little higher. I will shoot some pics soon. I will probably pick up an aftermarket decal set off eBay. Does anyone know the quality of these decals?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Question for 140 owners... After a good cleaning I noticed that the tranny is leaking at the base of the filler tube on my 140. I did not try to take the tube off. I assume that the tube will unscrew and it will have an o-ring as a seal. Is that the configuration?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Did you try to clear coat John Deere Green or another brand of paint? Sometimes JD paint doesn't like clear coat and "lifts ", something about Acrylic vs other bases, I think ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts