Registered
3,144 Posts
Those covers look great. :thThumbsU

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I like the color coding. They turned out well!:fing32:
Thanks. My 318 has them as well, so now it is much easier to hook things up correctly on both tractors.

·
Super Moderator
13,320 Posts
Nice work! :fing32:

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
new V61's on front and a new muffler to quiet it down.

·
Super Moderator
13,320 Posts
I like the V61 look! Might have to try that on mine.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I like those v-61's and the muffler. I have tri-ribs on my running 140, and they look and steer great, but they leave marks if you turn tight in the grass, or if the ground is wet or soft. They cut like a knife. I had 11 suitcase weights on a weight bar on the front of mine this weekend, and could still steer easily with one palm while moving.

My only complaint with my 140's is the stock muffler. I even bought a brand new one from the dealership (I think he said they only had a couple hundred left), and it didn't get any quieter. Where did you get your added muffler from? I've been going back & forth between an additional muffler, or a straight pipe up after the stock one. I like the look of the chrome straight pipe on KWDAILYD's 110 round fender, but I'm not sure it would get any quieter.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
The muffler is a reproduction of a Cub Cadet 124 muffler. Cost $27.00 total to my door. It isn't any louder now than my 318 that has B&S Vanguard engine and new muffler. HUGE difference. I cut one side of the CC bracket off and ground it down so you couldn't tell it was there. Then bent the other side of the bracket so it stuck away from the muffler and ran parallel with the inlet. Found and cut a piece of scrap metal from an old office cubicle I had in the crap steel pile to the right length and then plug/spot welded it to the bent bracket so it ran about 3/8" away from the side of the muffler. Sprayed it all with exhaust paint and clamped it to the outlet of the factory 140 muffler.

I do plan to re-route the exhaust and run a muffler through the hood someday (like a 3020), but this was quick and will work good until I get that done. (Yes, I will cut a hole in the hood for the gas filler as well (like a 3020)

141 - 149 of 149 Posts