My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys me again. Prolly gonna rack your brains good on this! I picked up a 140 H3 original I thought but I cant get the SR# to work on Myweekendfreedommachines! :banghead3 The tag is really clear but they keep telling me that I'm entering it wrong or it dont exist!

Here is the SR# T0586 011510M :praying: Ok lets see if someone can work the magic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some additional info:

it has a 14hp kohler
2 rear brake peddeles
disc rears
3 levers
4 ports up front
places in ther rear for 2 but not there
pto output cutout. i think thats what its for but its capped off.

hope this helps thanks again:thanku:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
What do you want to know about it? The year perhaps? It is a 1969, and I bet you paid $950 for it, right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol ya I sure did! How did ya know that? I just wanted to make sure. cause I couldnt find the SR#. The one thing I do know is I love it! It is really hard to find parts like a rear PTO, Brakes, and other parts if ya aint sure of its year. and what it should have.

·
Super Moderator
32,728 Posts
The Tractor Hunter has run into his competition. They carefully size each other up, then deciding there's enough Deere to go round they join in a conversation of their greatest bagged Deere! And the saga continues...........

Yaromey15, he wouldn't know all that if he hadn't hunted that one himself!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You got the Green disease welcome aboard , now you start on the journey to collect the attachments and bits and pieces , Early 140 had disc brakes the later had drums as far as I know , the rear PTO and hitch are pricey but show up on evilbay or WFM just take your time and you will find them. The 140's a great machine , true I wish it had power steering and that someone still made a cab for it but heck its 42 to 36 yrs old 1968 to 1974 model years . Keep doing your maintenance according to the Manuel and should serve you well .

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Yaromey, welcome to the 140 club. Can a 4-way blade be far behind?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yaromey, welcome to the 140 club. Can a 4-way blade be far behind?
ggsteve, actually it came with a 54" blade I just need to find the other cilinder to make it work! lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnks everyone else for the help and the warm invite to 140 club. :trink40:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
ggsteve, actually it came with a 54" blade I just need to find the other cilinder to make it work! lol
He gave you a blade also? Well crap, had I known that I would have bought it. Oh well This was the guy in Lancaster/York, correct? It looked like a very nice example of an H3.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He gave you a blade also? Well crap, had I known that I would have bought it. Oh well This was the guy in Lancaster/York, correct? It looked like a very nice example of an H3.
Actually it came from Mansfeild OH. Took a lil drive but I'm glad I got it.
I'll have to get some pics on here. I just put a set of 3 bar front tires on it and it looks great. Thye hoods a lil rough, but it runs great! Also it dont have the correct seat, but it holds mine fine for now! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts