My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi quick question i just pick up a 214 the seller told me the variator not working because it had wrong belt well didin't sound right to me so after thinking about it and removeing it not an easy job if i'm right the center disc should move back and forth to change the pulley size i'm i right or dose have the wrong belt thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
32,054 Posts
Well not sure what your realy asking, but lets give it a shot...

Yes... if one of the two belts is the wrong size, or streached out alot, the system will not work correctly. Oh and use JD belts. First becouse they fit corectly, last a long time, and are not that pricy eather.

As for the center disc on the variator should slide freely back and forth with the belts off.

You also coould just need to adjust the variator. They do need adjusting once in a wile.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks you answered the question the center disc is stuck i'll be working on getting it freed up thanks again

·
Super Moderator
32,054 Posts
Good to hear its something farly simple. I had mine sticking a little. Not stuck... just a little sticky. I put some PBlaster on a qtip and worked it down on the part the center sheve slid on. Just kept working it back and forth, and adding small bits of lube. You dont want TOO much in there, or any on the face of the pulley sheves. Just enough to get that center part to slide smooth. I would defently replace the two belts wile your there. Also not a bad idea to change the two springs. One controls the varater, and the other the idle pulley on the rear belt. they wear out, and effect how the system works. When its all together serch for the adjustment proceedre for the varrator. I have a older 112, so the one I use is a little diferent.

Once that is done, you will LOVE how the system works! Its the best of bolth worlds IMHO. And the good news is that if you use the tractor alot, you will not have the problem you are having now. Most issues seem to come from just sitting around.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I just replaced the double sheave variator on my 110 as it had too much slop in it. It works great now. slkpk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just and update the disc was reallySTUCK 4hr with a torch gear puller and a wedge and it finenaly came lose another hr to clean it up and get it to work right hopefuly put the rest back together and see if works oh one more ? there is about 4 wires taped off and the amp guage is not hooked up would anybody have a wire diagram thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts