My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Im not too sure if Im posting in the right section and I didnt see a tech section so here goes.
Well the 3 point hitch on my Yanmar with go up and down smoothly when the engine is cold and for about 10 or 15 min after that. Then it starts to whine/ squeal on its way up, after a short amount of time after that it wont go up at all. Any help would be appreciated.:thanku:

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Hi again, Matt

Your tractor's symptoms are very often related to congealed or watery hydraulic fluid. The first thing to try is a full service including cleaning the internal filter screen and a complete fluid change. Let it drain overnight. It's highly likely that once your reservoir of fluid comes up to temperature the hydraulic pump is agitating the debris and clogging the supply and return lines (IMHO).

A big culprit that allows contamination is your shifter boot. If it's even slightly worn and not snug around the shifter base and top it allows rain water and dirt to contaminate the entire hydraulic system (and that contamination will produce algae and grow to a yellowish jello-like consistency).

·
Registered
840 Posts
I believe your 1300 will hold about 10 quarts. the screen is behind where the suction line goes into the transmission. Correct fluid is jd303 or equivalent. I have used Walmarts super tech tractor hydraulic and transmission fluid. I just changed mine and used Tractor Supplys Travelers universal tractor trans/hydraulic fluid. Reason for brand change was price. Just make sure it is a combination hydraulic/transmission fluid. Not for sure about your 1300 but many Yanmars have a drain on the 4 wheel drive drop box. Be sure and check for that so that you get all the old fluid out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have done a fluid change before so thats pretty straight forward but I have never changed the filter as I couldnt find anything visible, is it supposed to be just behind that little plastic drain plug which is on the return side. I can tear a car apart all day long but these tractors are completely new to me so Im a little unfamiliar with specific names for parts/locations so bear with me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.