My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1958 Ford Powermaster, Gas.
I installed a 12V conversion kit on the tractor and upgraded to an electric ignition and changed the coil to a 12V.
I have the system all installed however I think i'm having some wiring issues. The wiring diagram that was provided with the kit was really vauge however I followed it but the tractor will not start and I was wondering if anyone would know how to trouble shoot this problem. I need some type of wiring diagram that would help out a little more. If anyonw knows of the original as well because that would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those wiring diagrams. They were a lot of help and I was able to get my tractor converted over to the 12V. These diagrams were right on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kirk,
I am going through some aggravating 6volt starting problems on my 58 641, you just solved my problem also. You should feel good about yourself!
Thanks,
Wally

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sweet Kirk!!

I think you may have just solved my alternator problems!! :fing32::bannana::woohoo1::woohoo1::thanku:

Look forward to going out to find out!!!

L'Chaim

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
No problem.
It seem that almost every old tractor I buy I end up ripping out the old wiring and replacing battery cables on it. Most of the time the wires are 50 something years old. It ain't a lot of money for wires and connectors to start fresh. And that's one less problem to look at when your tractor won't start.

Kirk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 1958 Ford Powermaster, Gas.
I installed a 12V conversion kit on the tractor and upgraded to an electric ignition and changed the coil to a 12V.
I have the system all installed however I think i'm having some wiring issues. The wiring diagram that was provided with the kit was really vauge however I followed it but the tractor will not start and I was wondering if anyone would know how to trouble shoot this problem. I need some type of wiring diagram that would help out a little more. If anyonw knows of the original as well because that would be helpful. Thanks
Yesterday's Tractor has free downloads for a 12 volt conversion. Color coded and easy to follow. Check them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts