My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In my search for an H series I have come across a 1256 Hydro Husky model with a 12HP Wisconson. Owner says it runs strong, needs some wiring work but starts off the starter. Unit is complete and just typical surface rust I've seen pics. No attachments he is asking $200.00 or best offer. Also I have a G-12 that I just bought that could be used for parts. I'm waiting for him to call me back. What do you think? Is it worth the money? Thank you all for your help again:thanku:

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
If it is as described, it would probably be worth the asking price, but just barely. They are strong tractors. Just make sure the hydro works properly once it is running.

Doug

·
jbs1257
436 Posts
Theres not too much off of the G-12 that is going to be compatible with the 1256 hydro other than maybe the front axle and some simple hardware. Different engines, one is a single belt pto and the other a 2 belt pto. Diffferent frames etc.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres not too much off of the G-12 that is going to be compatible with the 1256 hydro other than maybe the front axle and some simple hardware. Different engines, one is a single belt pto and the other a 2 belt pto. Diffferent frames etc.
Hi nsconductor, your info is good to know. I still have not heard back from the guy with the 1256 yet. I would rather work on an H series vs the G-12 that I have. I ran the G-12 last night and it really goes well, just needs a good taking apart and replacement of loose parts etc.. Do you think that $200.00 or best offer is good for the 1256? I could offer less if he contacts me. Thanks for your help.
Ed-

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
I'd pay $200 for a complete tractor in running condition if I wanted it. of course, they seem to be a little more rare around my parts...

·
Blue Wolf Antiques
54 Posts
I have 12 BOLENS Tractors and my favorites are the 1256 and the 1556. They are well worth the $200 being asked. The 1256 has a Wisconsin 12 HP engine while the 1556 has the old cast iron Tecumseh OHV bullet proof 15 HP. My 1256 is a wonderful beast and never fails to start and run smoothly. Buy the 1256 if you want a truly awesome machine. Blue Wolf Antiques

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 12 BOLENS Tractors and my favorites are the 1256 and the 1556. They are well worth the $200 being asked. The 1256 has a Wisconsin 12 HP engine while the 1556 has the old cast iron Tecumseh OHV bullet proof 15 HP. My 1256 is a wonderful beast and never fails to start and run smoothly. Buy the 1256 if you want a truly awesome machine. Blue Wolf Antiques
Thank you for the info on the 1256 that is good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts