My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, this might be an easy question for some of you but... I need a new fan from my John Deere 116 serial number M00116D236658. According to the John Deere parts website, this serial number should take the 6 blade fan and not the 10 blade. I got ahold of John Deere and apparently they don't make the 6 blade anymore but believe the 10 blade should work in its place. Can anyone confirm that? The only reason I ask is because there is a 10 blade on it right now that the previous owner kept shredding

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got around to putting the new blade on. What a pain in the arse that was. I'm still thinking this new blade is wider than the original as it it very close, if not touching, the frame when it spins. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just snip the corners off of each blade to give it more clearance? Somewhat stumped now.

·
2,818 Posts
I'm no expert on that machine but that does look kinda close...

What is holding the fan proud of the pulley?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's being held right up against the pulley with 4 bolts. I'm just wondering if this fan is maybe wider or shaped different form the original.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is there any way to find the specs for both fans? Maybe google the part numbers with the word “specs “ after?

·
2,818 Posts
The spin on that is counter-clockwise as facing the fan?

And... I wonder (again not familiar) but is there any chance the transaxle has shifted slightly towards the fan side?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Don't know anything about your machine, but is the fan on right??? Can you flip it 180 degrees and still bolt up??? It may have to set right against the drive pulley.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any way to find the specs for both fans? Maybe google the part numbers with the word “specs “ after?
I might look at doing this. If I can find specifications on both fans, this might answer my question. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The spin on that is counter-clockwise as facing the fan?

And... I wonder (again not familiar) but is there any chance the transaxle has shifted slightly towards the fan side?
Yes it spins counter-clockwise. I also thought there was a chance of the transaxle shifting in that direction but that's not the case because it is partially mounted with vertical bolts that keep it in place. Good thing to check though!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know anything about your machine, but is the fan on right??? Can you flip it 180 degrees and still bolt up??? It may have to set right against the drive pulley.
I can't flip it 180 because the mounting holes on the fan are offset from center to the left (if you're looking at the picture). I did have to drop the transaxle to get it on though, which I thought was a lot of work to change the fan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts