My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I explained my issue in the introduction forum but am moving it here.

I have an older John Deere 110. I just replaced the mower drive belt today because the old one broke and I am now having issues with it mowing. I am not sure what I did but now when I start to drive the mowing deck will slow down to a point it is not cutting the grass. If I slow or come to a stop it seems to speed up. The new belt is slightly wider than the old but seems to be the appropriate one as I got it from a dealer. I really have no clue why it is not working. I did hit the lever for the variable speed and I remember the guy that sold it to my dad said not to mess with it. I also notice the belt is slightly touching at the pulleys below the pto shaft. Please help the grass is growing. I will try to add some photos. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
33,696 Posts
Take a good look at your routing. Shouldn't see any drastic change to power from a belt change. You said you got the belt from a dealer, is it an OEM JD belt? Photo's of you belt routing will help a lot here!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of the pulleys where the mower drive belt is making slight contact. I dont think this is the issue but I am trying to diagnose the problem. I also notice that there is some chirping or rattling noise going on near where the drive belt connects connects to the rear drive. (rear of the tractor)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is why I am at having a hard time figuring out the loss of power or - more of an intermittent mowing. The engine is running strong and the belt is engaging fine. But it is not consistently at cutting speed. I did mess with the tensioner a little. I am not sure if an over or under tightened belt would cause this, like I said I can see the drive belt off the PTO and it seems to be engaging fine when I engage the lever.

·
Three of my friends
9,001 Posts
You sure you got the twist of the belt right? It could be turning backwards, tighten the tenision up and make sure the spring did not come ott the tenisioner in the front.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Mattman; here is a picture. Every one know I like pictures....

My title on the picture may say that it is for a 214, but it is the same for the 100 series as well.
Hope you solve your problem. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took a better look and I think u guys caught my error. Put it on incorrectly. The belts are no longer touching that should have been a clue. Thanks a ton. I'll fire it up and check but that should be it. BTW shot a nice tom turkey this am tagged out!

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Its good that you fixed it so easily. Nice tractor, BTW. :fing32:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts