Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
Everyone has already said it-Mark...so I'll only offer a personal ---

"Thank You"!!! :MTF_wel2:

glenn

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
What a worthy choice for the 10th Anniversary FMOM! The time Mark has put into this forum makes most of us look like part-timers. His knowledge of gray market tractors is tops and the help he has given purchasers and about-to-be owners has been invaluable. Ten years. It seems like yesterday. And I too love the story behind the name! :thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Congratulations Mark! Now I know who to take deer hunting with me! Great story!

·
Professional Amateur
1,269 Posts
A big congrats and a huge thank you Mark! thanks for helping make this wonderful forum what it is!

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts

This is great! :thThumbsU

What an appropriate article to do on a very fitting person!

Thank you, Mark, for all that you have done here keeping the forum operating smoothly. While it only may be a small glimpse, I do know from firsthand experience the efforts that go into making that happen. It has been great to work with you and get to know you better over the years. :fing32:

When it comes to MTF, where do I begin. I would have to start out by sharing my appreciation to those who I have established friendships with including some that I've met outside of MTF. In fact, I met one friend who lives locally who also collects antique reel mowers and we once did a "mow off" day. How cool is that and how else would our paths have crossed?

In some cases, we have very particular passions for machines that were built in low production numbers. This can mean that while collectors may not live near us, MTF has been a home base to like-minded enthusiasts to congregate regardless of the geographical location. Every time I visit here, I am always blown away by the ideas, skills and knowledge that each of us contribute and possess. It is mind blowing and in some cases it truly must be seen here to be believed.

One of the things that has impressed me the most about MTF is by how much it has always lived up to its motto of "A forum of the members, by the members and for the members." It would not take one to look at that motto to realize that's what this forum is about. Things like post count or reputations are out of the picture- everyone is respected and treated equal which coming from experience, is not found on every forum. In a lot of cases, it can actually somewhat of a rare trait. When you think about it, every forum has its own particular feel and atmosphere. I have always appreciated the more 'family' based community that is offered here. You have both yourself to thank and the staff for making that happen successfully since MTF's conception. There is something here for everybody. Even if you aren't involved with tractors, you could still come, make friends and discuss other subjects in one of the many other sub sections.

We have a very special place here and MTF and it doesn't take long to see why we have grown into one of the most well respected forums on the net.

With that said........

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY, MTF!!

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Congratulations, Mark!!

That's a great write-up that you and LTG produced, and we all appreciate the opportunity to get to know better one of the very early members responsible for this most excellent of forums.

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
I too want to say thanks for helping make this a great place to visit every day. Great write up and nice to know a little more about you and the beginnings of MTF. :thanku:

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Thanks Mark

21 - 31 of 31 Posts