My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 108-3 that needs front wheel bearings and was wondering if anyone knows the NAPA part number for them?
They may be the same as the C series or 300 series bearings but not sure.Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

TM

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Do you have the Toro/factory part number? Take the factory part number info to NAPA and find someone that knows how to cross reference stuff. I think they can use "SME" then put the Toro part number into their computer system. Don't know if it works like that on the www.NAPAAutoParts.com website that everybody has access to. Google NAPA Auto Parts for the correct site name.
I have an older NAPA 'Outdoor Power Equipment Service Parts' catalog that lists about 6 front wheel bushings but doesn't reference to a 108-3.
Are you sure it's not a bushing vs a roller or ball bearing.

And then again, would the front wheel bushings/bearing be the same as the ones on the Snapper RER machines? There are 2 pages listed for that one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After removing one they are flanged bushings instead of bearings.I don't have the Toro part#.After feeling the spindle shafts I think they may be wore some too so I'm not sure the bushings will help.
I may just have to live with it.

TM

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Most wheel bearings on WH we see are flanged with a 1-3/8" OD to fit into the tube for a 3/4" diameter axle. Totally sealed bearings which eliminate having to grease them to one seal on the outside so they can be greased. The sintered iron bushings with the same dimensions do last a long time provided they are fed a steady diet of grease. There are even plastic/nylon? bushings available.

What is your axle diameter?

I don't think we have seen your model and serial number. You can bring up the ipl's here
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
Type in 108-3 and they will all come up. Click on the small printer icon at the top left of each illustration to print. These parts lists are not the best because they are shared with similar models so you may see 3 different wheel bearings but they fail to tell us what model uses what. There are better sites that identify the models.

Garry

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My serial# is faded so bad I can't make it out.Axle is 3/4.
The bushings measure to the best of my ability 1-3/8
by 3/4. I would just as soon leave them in as worn as they are than to put plastic bushings in.The mower is usable as is but steering is a bit sloppy.They were dry as a bone when I got it but I've kept them greased since.
This mower is not my main mower and I'm actually trying to get it in good shape for my nephew to use on his small yard.

TM

·
Registered
361 Posts
:howdy: Here you go, Toro wheel bushing number 100166. Any Toro/Wheelhorse dealer should have them. Or use the toro number and have NAPA cross them. There is also a flanged bearing with the same dimensions, but I can not remeber the number. :smilie_fl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts