My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy gave me an old 1056 Wheel Horse. I'm putting a Lombardini diesel in it for just putt'n around. What was the original engine pulley size? I'd like to keep the gearing/speed close to original.

Thanx
M.D.

Attachments

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Sorry, I don't know....:(,

Just wanted to say these builds and conversions are fascinating to me!

I think you may want to consider the Lombardini puts out 2800 RPM (at what I assume) is normal operating speed and you may need to run an undersized pulley to make the RPM match the original engine.

For sure, you'll have a rock crushin', mountain climbing and unstopable tractor...so be safe and be careful.

I anxiously await progress and updates. Thanks for sharing and the pictures too.

Mark

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1056 diesel a little more progress

Well I found a belt that works and made a belt guard. The clutch works great now. Still needs paint. Been using it for yard work (pulling a cart and spreader) chugs along nicely.

M.D.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good Job that Horse will be like the energizer bunny just keep on going.:trink39:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice project.

Those little arrow sign motors will run a l-o-n-g time on a tank of fuel. And they last nearly forever. They are only 4.5 hp, but feel stronger.

Is yours a fixed speed model, or does it have a variable governor?

Steve

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I only fill mine up every two years and use it around the house and at shows as a ride tractor even pulled with it three weeks
ago

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay, haven't been in here for a while. Thanx for all the great complements. I filled the tank back in July and have taken it to 4 shows since and used it around the house. Still running on the same tank of fuel. I don't plan on putting a mower on it, there's no pto clutch. Does anyone know how the original clutch/drive pulley attached to the engine? I assume the crank would need to be drilled for a bolt. The drive pulley I have on it now is 2-1/2 inches and is held on with a set screw the crank isn't drilled. The speed is fine, the engine is governed at 2800 rpm's. I've got an old 4000 watt homelite generator that I might paint and hang on it and it would be nice to have a clutch pulley otherwise I'll have to rig up a belt tensioner. As for the install I wanted it to look like it semi belonged in there, didn't want to cut the hood so I raised the front an inch, the hood latch still works fine. Oh yeah I forgot to add it has a throttle, idles at 1000 to revs 2800.

Thanx again

M.D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts