My Tractor Forum banner

1050 Seat and Steering wheel cap wanted

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  67bolens"ek10" 
#1 ·
Where can I get a new correct red seat for my 1050?

I also need a steering wheel center cap. The literature I have shows it to be Clear with a knurled edge and the "man" in the center.

Thanks,

Mike B :)

#2 ·
#4 ·
The caps are plastic to boot. All I got to say is I like my Alu ones much better. All 4 that I had made and the stick of Alu didn't cost that much.

#5 ·
I was hoping for a reproduction cap with a cost of about $20...not $100 :eek:mg:

As for the seat, I think I need a new pan also, the PO broke the back, it leans way to far back.

I think I'll just put a universal seat on it for now and if I ever do a full restore I'll redo the original seat then. This tractor is set up for snow blowing only, I have other bigger machines to handle the grass and garden work.

Happy New Year :dancingpa

Mike B :)

#6 ·
... I think I'll just put a universal seat on it for now and if I ever do a full restore I'll redo the original seat then. ...
My G10 has a replacement seat, and the only thing I did was remove the HONDA sticker that was on it.

I don't care what the "Correct Police" might say. ALL of my Bolens are working tractors, not "Trailer Queens".

If someone is going for a "museum quality" restoration, then it would make a difference, but for a working tractor, I say use what ever works.

#7 ·
The problem with the stock seats are the backs are too short to spend any serious time in them without having back problems.

#8 ·
i have a seat from a 1053 on my 1050 theres alot more padding...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.