My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using it , shut it off to get a drink, came back, wouldn't start.
I was wondering if the coil gave up. I checked fuel level, primed, pulled.....nada.
I will give it a day.........
Just curious, is this a common w these. Just wanted one last mow before parting. It did mulch the crud out of my grass, and sounded good.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Should I bake it?
It'll work for a bit. Chances are if it was running there's not alot of moisture to bake out. $20-$30 will get you a new one off ebay.

·
Registered
972 Posts
The coil is soft. Don't bother baking, it'll only be a bandaid. I picked one up for $25 shipped.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I was using it , shut it off to get a drink, came back, wouldn't start.
I was wondering if the coil gave up. I checked fuel level, primed, pulled.....nada.
I will give it a day.........
Just curious, is this a common w these. Just wanted one last mow before parting. It did mulch the crud out of my grass, and sounded good.
Did you actually check for spark or are you just assuming?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did not check. Could be a multiple of things. I was surprised because it was mowing really well. BUZZED through the my tallk grass like butter. Even the Toro and M21 have some dificulty if it's been more than a week.

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Make sure you check the kill switch on the engine that shuts off the spark for proper function before going deeper into the engine. I had one fail once.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno, fluke. Started it today, mowed, everything was good. lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
As mentioned, sometimes the kill switches act up. I've seen it where the cables get stretched out just a little too much and though it will pull the brake shoe away enough to crank the engine, it isn't pulling the lever back far enough to open the kill switch. I replaced a coil on a V engine over that misdiagnosis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts