My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the JD dealer yesterday, and they had a 1025R and a 1026R side-by-side out on the lot. I noticed some differences right off, so I snapped a few photos.

This first pair shows the new tail-light/flasher arrangement on the 1025R -- it has a compound set of lights instead of the single set on the 1026R.

Attachments

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The second pair shows some differences under the hood, with the 1025R's 3TNV80 having a lot more going on than the 1026R's 3TNV76.

Attachments

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And this third pair shows that owners of the 1025R apparently will NOT be members of the illustrious "Red Cap Club.":dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Interesting comparison, I didn't even notice the differences when I was looking at them. I bought the 1023, I can do without the extra 3hp, for the 3k less than the 1025, i went with the 1023. With the rebates and discounts, I just added a tool box and extra lights when I ordered the tractor, it was $160 for the add ons. So I saved $2860 over the 1025. Now I just got figure out how to add the suspension seat.

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
UT, The first thing that I had noticed was the green fuel cap when I looked at the 1025r. :fing32:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Can someone explain why diesel deeres have red fuel caps? Diesel fuel is stored in a yellow can. Seems misleading to me? My work truck has a yellow fuel cap.:dunno:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can someone explain why diesel deeres have red fuel caps? Diesel fuel is stored in a yellow can. Seems misleading to me? My work truck has a yellow fuel cap.:dunno:
Usually diesel caps are green, don't know about why deere is using that cap.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I don't really like the dual light set up, seems like it'll just cost more to repair when you inevitably tear it off on a tree. I haven't been by the dealer since last fall when I did the 50 hour service, I guess that is proof I'm still happy with this tractor!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I don't really like the dual light set up, seems like it'll just cost more to repair when you inevitably tear it off on a tree. I haven't been by the dealer since last fall when I did the 50 hour service, I guess that is proof I'm still happy with this tractor!
One of the first things I did was switch the lights from side to side, (so red/amber lenses face the right way) and move to the inside to avoid tearing off.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking the same thing about the lights -- more to snag. Otherwise bigger lights usually means better visibility, which is a good thing. Glad to hear you're getting great service from your 1026r -- they are sharp machines.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,315 Posts
You might want to look at your car. My dad has a 2011 Chevy Impala - The fuel cap is yellow (Flex Fuel to 85 Ethanol). So :dunno: ! My Truck 97 S10 Blazer Fuel Cap is Black, My 98 Buick LeSabre Custom - Fuel Cap is Black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts