My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

I for one think you done good... sure the new machines are 'nice' but it's hard to beat the build and simplicity of the old gals.

As an aside... motorized lil haulers are very popular here in Japan. Here's just one example:

Reasonable priced if you look around and wait.

馃嵒

Registered
No that was Not the case with both one hit the Bucket control during the roll over On the way down I don't Know the whole story the lower one That bucket was Below the Hood. The Point is though do to there Narrow width there Not as stable as the could be. If they were so stable I doubt There would be a Need for several after Market wheel spacer Manufacturers as there are for the 1 series.

I had a 1 series while I didn't Mow Much at My Home Property My summer Property I mowed with the 1 series and That has Hills and wet areas. Hills there were time's where My adrenaline was pumping when In the same Place wouldn't have even noticed it On the X748 and that was Just Mowing with the 1025R No other attachments connected beside the Mid Mount 60inch deck even with Ballast on the same area Got Your adrenaline pumping because if felt like it was going to tip. Where using the X748 with or with out extra Ballast didn't even notice the hill. My Neighbors open station JD 4720 with a 72Inch Mid Mount deck In the same area felt far more stable while the 1025R did not. I will not mow those areas with My 2025R(Gen II) as it is also Narrow Like the 1 series. Above the X700 series Your really taking Your chances with steep Hills even ditch Banks with the current 1,2 & 3 series. Rolling(gradual hills) don't seem to be to Much of a Issue with the Sub compact or Compact just mowing no other attachments mounted (y)
Ah, okay. Gotcha.

Nope, they were heavy steel cement tubs made in the 50鈥檚, with engines, I鈥檒l see if I can find one. I鈥檓 on my tablet and don鈥檛 know how to cut and paste. I found one by Whiteman that looks like a modern day version, and then one that looked like the Whiteman with Georgia Buggy on the side.
Is it this what your looking for?

4173387.jpg

Here's a newer version.

image001__25751.1579025205.jpg

Registered
I for one think you done good... sure the new machines are 'nice' but it's hard to beat the build and simplicity of the old gals.

As an aside... motorized lil haulers are very popular here in Japan. Here's just one example:

Reasonable priced if you look around and wait.

Oh man, that is cool! There's just something about equipment with tracks, vs wheels. That thing at least looks like maybe it could help pull out a stuck tractor, etc, too.

Registered

Make Smoke, Boil Water!
This is a fun veer-off into motorized carts. First one I ever saw was in a Honda dealer in the '80s I think. It was new to them, and Star Wars was popular. They were calling it the "cart-droid".

Registered
Rarefish, I think were neighbors. You close to Rockville?
Ha, very close. 30 years at UPS I had routes on Montrose, Executive, Norbeck, Aspen Hill. My family settled on Bonifant Rd in 1721. My Dad's fathers side were French Huguenots that came to Canada in the 1600's and migrated down to Louisiana, then up to Maryland. His Mothers side were Bladens from Bladensberg. She was a direct descendant of Thomas Bladen the Colonial Governor. I'm in Mt Airy now, Joe.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts