My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
I just got a 1025R and have mowed my yard (.75 acre) twice now.

The maneuverability far surpasses my old Ariens GT16, but like others have said, watch out for the ROPS height. I had to trim my trees back so that I have 6' of headroom and all is good. However, to properly mow around a tree still requires a 3 to 5 point turn which can be a pain until a certain safety feature is bypassed (easy to do and not permanent), BUT if you do MAKE SURE YOU LOOK BEHIND YOU BEFORE REVERSING! I have 14 trees on my property, so this little mod saves me almost 30 minutes of cutting time.

Other than moving the rear warning lights to the inside of the ROPS (remember to swap sides if you do this...you'll see why) so they don't get knocked off (very easy to do in close quarters) and adding a steering wheel spinner, mine is still all stock. I do have a 25-30 degree side-hill that I mow which is about 30' long and although I took it slow and the tractor still felt stable, I'm planning on loading the tires for extra stability.

Registered
I do have a 25-30 degree side-hill that I mow which is about 30' long and although I took it slow and the tractor still felt stable, I'm planning on loading the tires for extra stability.
I used my B2620 on a 15 degree hill, once. It has loaded tires and I was moving mulch. I quickly switched to using my 10P cart pulled by my X300. Much safer and quicker. The B2620 does have bigger tires, more ground clearance, and sits higher. My X534 is fine on side hills. I expect the X700 series is too, seems like the 1025R is too.

Registered
Of you only need to remove the deck on the 455 for maintenance, you should look into a mojack. Wife got me one for my birthday, and it lifts the machine high enough to do anything you need to under the deck, providing you can get down on the ground ok. I have the 550 pound hydraulic lift model from tractor supply. It is around $200.

Registered
I used my B2620 on a 15 degree hill, once. It has loaded tires and I was moving mulch. I quickly switched to using my 10P cart pulled by my X300. Much safer and quicker. The B2620 does have bigger tires, more ground clearance, and sits higher. My X534 is fine on side hills. I expect the X700 series is too, seems like the 1025R is too.
This is the coolest tractor accessory I could have manufactured.. It's counter balanced now so it almost always tips. Redneck manual hydraulics to control the dump/ spread. I think it was $30 for the winch I bought for something 10 years ago and never used and spare bolts and stuff

Super Moderator
Yeah Might want to re think that statement about the 1025R being very stable On slopes 1026R rollover Mind you Most have the Loader On and were using the Loader But I would Take a X700 series with AWD before I would consider a 1 series for slope mowing (y)
12928426_10207861835175572_2955530356281984492_n.jpg
c8e3dc90a047b9f873dd64f93eadbb47.jpg

Reactions: mattmag

Premium Member
Reactions: Rarefish383

Super Moderator
Who does that and takes a picture of it?
The Survivor as In both those Pictures they were wearing there seat belt & they wanted to show the ROPS work or that it isn't as stable as some might think (y)

Registered
The Survivor as In both those Pictures they were wearing there seat belt & they wanted to show the ROPS work or that it isn't as stable as some might think (y)
Erm, they ARE aware that the ROPS is to PROTECT you in event of a rollover, and not actually prevent one? :D

Registered
Happens more often then one may think. Dad says to son, "take the 1023 and do those two chores I ask you to do yesterday", and son jumps on 1023 and he has rest of the day to play...elsewhere.

Registered
This was the best improvement I think I ever made to a piece of equipment. My wife and I spread 11 yards of mulch in less than 5 hours and didn't kill ourselves. To note, I have loader, a couple JD tractors and green plastic dump trailers. This thing was fast, could fly sideways across a hill, and pull right in the middle of flower beds.

Super Moderator
This was the best improvement I think I ever made to a piece of equipment. My wife and I spread 11 yards of mulch in less than 5 hours and didn't kill ourselves. To note, I have loader, a couple JD tractors and green plastic dump trailers. This thing was fast, could fly sideways across a hill, and pull right in the middle of flower beds.
A few Purpose Built
(y)

Registered
A few Purpose Built
(y)
That's basically where I got the idea. When I was a kid, on all construction sites, the concrete guys had powered concrete tubs they called Geroria Buggies. I thought it was a generic term for powered carts. When I built mine I did a search for Georgia Buggy, they are still in business. The make powered carts for concrete. The difference between their cart and a DR is like a Mazda pickup and an International XT.

Super Moderator
That's basically where I got the idea. When I was a kid, on all construction sites, the concrete guys had powered concrete tubs they called Geroria Buggies. I thought it was a generic term for powered carts. When I built mine I did a search for Georgia Buggy, they are still in business. The make powered carts for concrete. The difference between their cart and a DR is like a Mazda pickup and an International XT.
Your Talking about this https://www.industromart.com/where_to_buy_georgia_buggies.htm right Not this Concrete Dump Buggy (Georgia Buggy) right (y)

Registered
Sorry but regarding those pics of the rollovers, it looks like in both cases the loader was lifted pretty high, which is really not advisable on any incline for obvious reasons. That can happen even on a GT, a bobcat, etc. Of course... live and learn and I hope the operators in both cases were able to walk away unscathed!

Premium Member
I made a snowplow attachment for my Snapper Pro, which worked awesome for pushing snow, and just bought another Snapper Pro and am working on attaching Bercomac brush and snowblower's to it, as well as making a smaller mowing deck for it (came with a 48", making a 34" for going through small gates to do large back yards).

But a tilting dump box would make an excellent thing to install on the mowing deck would definitely help with transporting stuff when needed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Well, I tried out the 1025R.....nice tractor, wish it had a wider stance with wide tires. It felt uncomfortable to me, I doubt I could mow my slopes and feel stable. I'm mowing 5 acres with plenty of trees which the 455 handles like a breeze. My 650 with the very wide turf tires does the slopes with no problem. So, I guess I'll pass on the 1025R and, live with what I have. Thanks for the replies.

Super Moderator
Sorry but regarding those pics of the rollovers, it looks like in both cases the loader was lifted pretty high, which is really not advisable on any incline for obvious reasons. That can happen even on a GT, a bobcat, etc. Of course... live and learn and I hope the operators in both cases were able to walk away unscathed!
No that was Not the case with both one hit the Bucket control during the roll over On the way down I don't Know the whole story the lower one That bucket was Below the Hood. The Point is though do to there Narrow width there Not as stable as the could be. If they were so stable I doubt There would be a Need for several after Market wheel spacer Manufacturers as there are for the 1 series.

I had a 1 series while I didn't Mow Much at My Home Property My summer Property I mowed with the 1 series and That has Hills and wet areas. Hills there were time's where My adrenaline was pumping when In the same Place wouldn't have even noticed it On the X748 and that was Just Mowing with the 1025R No other attachments connected beside the Mid Mount 60inch deck even with Ballast on the same area Got Your adrenaline pumping because if felt like it was going to tip. Where using the X748 with or with out extra Ballast didn't even notice the hill. My Neighbors open station JD 4720 with a 72Inch Mid Mount deck In the same area felt far more stable while the 1025R did not. I will not mow those areas with My 2025R(Gen II) as it is also Narrow Like the 1 series. Above the X700 series Your really taking Your chances with steep Hills even ditch Banks with the current 1,2 & 3 series. Rolling(gradual hills) don't seem to be to Much of a Issue with the Sub compact or Compact just mowing no other attachments mounted (y)

Registered
21 - 40 of 48 Posts