My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 1025R with auto connect deck, low hours (600) Fill me in, good, bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are asking $9000. but I'll be negotiating some trades, I'm letting my 455 AWS go along with my 650 4WD, I already sold my 750, I'm down sizing. Getting old I guess, I hate trying to remove the deck on the 455,
it's a great machine but....650 I've had since new 1984 I think, always garaged. I'll miss them all.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's on the high end of what it's worth. I've seen one sort of in my area with only a deck for 7500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you, I'm still arm wrestling price. I sold my 750 for around $4500. give or take a dollar. I think I'll get the same for the 650, the 455AWS I'm still chewing a price on that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking that for the 455, it has 920 hours on it. I'm just wondering what issues if any the 1025R has.
I don't want to buy a problem child. I like the idea of the auto deck if it's reliable. Lot to think about.

·
2,795 Posts
That 650 is a beauty... if you were near my 'hood I'd be lined up in your driveway tomorrow.

Good luck with whatever you decide. 🍻

·
Super Moderator
15,876 Posts
Well if You already Mow with your Current compacts You should be fine. Me Personally I didn't Mow with my 1025R Much and Only Mowed Twice with My 2025R I would keep the 455 Just for Mowing as I hate the Maneuverability on the 1025R though it will be better than your 650 or 750. Some People Like to Mow with it. I didn't! So I kept My JD X748 and don't even mow with that anymore except fall leaf collection Mow with a Cub Cadet XT3 GSX. But there Fab decks Can Be a PIA to remove so I would recommend that. You Might just be fine with the 1025R (y)

·
Registered
660 Posts
What are you planning doing with it? The 1025R is a LOT more tractor than the 455 AWS. The 455 can literally run circles around the 1025R. If you have wide open spaces with land that is relatively even the 1025R can make an adequate mower. With a loader it is a pretty capable tractor. It is probably the biggest SCUT there is and is almost as big as my B2620, which is one of the smallest CUTs. But the 1025R doesn't have as good of reach or height on the loader.

So, it all depends on what you expect to need to do with it. If you are looking for a garden tractor and are of the bigger is better mindset the 1025R is the ultimate, but if you are really looking for a tractor-tractor, I would say it is probably the penultimate. That is not to deny its capabilities, just put them in perspective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I moved from an X485 to the 1025R with loader and 54D autoconnect deck in 2018. My decision was based on my age and not being able to remove the deck from the X485 anymore. I have one thing to say about the switch, I should have done it long ago. The autoconnect deck is a godsend. You will find that the 1 series feel a little more tippy due to a higher center of gravity, just takes getting used to. As for the deck I feel that the 54D is a step up from the C series. I only mulch and found that the D series delivers a better cut and does it a little faster.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If it is autoconnect that you want and to mow, get an X700 series. If you really need a loader and a 3PH with a PTO, then the 1025R is a very nice tractor. I know I would not be able to mow with one on my property, but if you have no side slope it should be fine. It might not tip over on my 15-20 degree spots, but it certainly would feel like it would. The pucker factor would be more intense than I would care to experience ever time I mowed 😉

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Bad: I'm jealous
Good: I'm jealous.
Thoughts. Great looking 650 I'd keep it and just add the 1025r.

But then, this is the driveway of my dreams......

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
When one runs out of gas or diesel, I'd have plenty of back ups!! :giggle:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've mowed my brother's acreage with his 1025r and it was fine, more or less wide open with few obstacles to dodge . But I knew it wouldn't work on my1 acre property, full of trees, flower beds, etc. I mow with my old 300, with p/s upgrade. The maneuverability is like night and day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies and, very good inputs. I'm going to take the 1025 for a test run this coming week, I do have a couple slopes I have to mow, they are pretty steep. I never had a problem with the 455 or the 650 mowing them. I did hear from others that the 1025R feels a little to tall and, unstable. I'm not planning a loader for it although it could be handy. I've been using a rear bucket (pond scoop) on the 650 which does ok for my needs, only thing with that it get a little much on the neck trying to look back. I'll make a decision next week. I might just keep what I have left and, get someone else to fight the deck on the 455. Getting the deck off the 650 is easy. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I'd give them $7,000 tops..

FWIW I was offered a Massey GC2300 with a mower and a loader and 350 hours for $9k... Green tax I know

·
Registered
660 Posts
No, it's the paint. They make it out of new 100 dollar bills. That is the only way to get that color 😉

1 - 20 of 42 Posts