My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The John Deere dealer has basically confirmed that the transmission is operating normally. They said the gears are square so if it is no lined up perfectly, taping the forward or reverse pedal or rocking it a little will help it go into low or high. Seems odd that on a modern new tractor, they cant get it to work more smoothly. I has a X720 before this that shifted from low to high like butter. The 1025r is a really nice tractor but I wonder if the BX25 has this issue as that was a tractor I was comparing with the 1025r before I purchased it. Thanks for all the posts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The John Deere dealer has basically confirmed that the transmission is operating normally. They said the gears are square so if it is no lined up perfectly, taping the forward or reverse pedal or rocking it a little will help it go into low or high. Seems odd that on a modern new tractor, they cant get it to work more smoothly. I has a X720 before this that shifted from low to high like butter. The 1025r is a really nice tractor but I wonder if the BX25 has this issue as that was a tractor I was comparing with the 1025r before I purchased it. Thanks for all the posts.
Normal, my bx25 is the same way. These are built pretty stout, so not really fair to compare against a luxury lawn mower.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
451 Posts
The x 720 had a low/ high???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a new 1025r with loader and backhoe. I am having a problem shifting from a stopped position from neutral to high or low gear. The lever just won't budge. This happens whether the tractor is on or off. Sometimes it works perfectly and I have no problems. It goes into high or low like butter. Very smooth. However, Other times, I can shift into low but can't shift into high. Other times, I can shift into high but can't shift it into low. It seems if I rock the tractor with my weight a little forward and back, that seems to help a little. This condition seems to happen on flat surfaces and on sloped surfaces and regardless of whether the tractor is warm or cold. It's almost as if some adjustment is off (I hope). Is there something that I should be doing before I engage High or Low gear or should it freely shift into high or low range. I was recently at the county fair where there was a display of JD tractors. The display was put on by the same dealer I purchased my tractor from. There was a 1025r there. So I went over to it to see if it would shift from neutral to high or low. It shifted right into high but would not go into low no matter how much I tried. So it seems like this other new 1025r has the same issue. So I am thinking maybe there is something I am supposed to be doing before shifting it into gear. Or maybe there is some adjustment that the dealer needs to be making pre-delivery. I have a call into the dealer but they cannot come out for several days. I would hate to have them come out if it is something I am not doing right. Anyone else have this problem or know what could be wrong. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had our 1025r several years and we work it almost every day it has just started with this issue of not wanting to go into hi/low gear plus even if your foot isn't on the forward/reverse pedals it still moves slightly depending on how high you have the throttle set. Also the pedals are not working properly if you press one it makes the other on move. What did you find out about the gear issue?

·
Super Moderator
29,574 Posts
Mriser, this thread is from 2013, you may get a reply but it might be better if you start your own thread with your issue. Reading through this it was evident that the issue was normal for his new machine. The JD Dealer verified it.

·
close enuff works for me
3,052 Posts
My 1025 with 15 hours on it is the same , sometimes easy shift high or low, or rock tractor with my weight to get it to shift high or low.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
We have had our 1025r several years and we work it almost every day it has just started with this issue of not wanting to go into hi/low gear plus even if your foot isn't on the forward/reverse pedals it still moves slightly depending on how high you have the throttle set. Also the pedals are not working properly if you press one it makes the other on move. What did you find out about the gear issue?
As noted this is a seven yr old thread. The answer to your question appears to be in post 21, where it mentions that this is a normal situation.
MikeC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Up until last week you had to put your foot on the forward or reverse pedal in order for it to move. This week you take your foot off the petal and it keeps moving, the faster the throttle is set the fast it will move. It's like there is no resistance in the pedal when you engage it with your foot, Sorry I can't explain it. We are going to the dealer next week

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sounds like the pedal snubber has failed or became disconnected.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts