My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out a suitable replacement for the bolts that hold the side panels on the front of the tractor, that allows for a tool-less removal?

If not I'm gonna have to find something.

Jeff

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's what all drag racers use, to button down hoods, trunks, and body panels. Numerous friends use them on their cars, 8 second /168mph, so they're made to withstand vibrations.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was thinking those might not be long enough but after double checking, that might be exactly what I need. I'll order some and see!!

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, ordered some from amazon. Should be here mid next week. I'll post results when I get them here and try them.

Jeff

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just used a Pin and washer with a quick connect pin as used on a Three Point Attachment. Got the parts at Ace.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the dzus fasteners don't work out, I'll definitely go that route.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, no dice on the dzus clips. I could maybe make it work but it would require more modifications and work than I'm interested in doing to this brand new rig. Looks like I'll be headed to the store to try sundancer's solution.

Jeff

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ok, two 1/4" hitch pins, 2 small washers, 2 larger washers, 2 hitch pin clips, and now I have quick removal pins for the engine side panels.
That is exactly how mine looks, I just don't have any pictures yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts