My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda disappointed in the quick hitch design. There are 2 extra brackets that need installed in order to use the so called quick hitch and they must come off to go back to the mmm . and also the one is a bolt on bracket that don't allow the use of front weights unless its removed...further more the **** quick connect contraption needs removed to in stall the front pto ....all this to switch between mowing and front implements not as I in visioned

·
Vendor
1,198 Posts
The hanger brackets for the front quick attach should be able to stay on all the time. I have a quick attach blade and a 60" mmm and never need to unbolt anything from the tractor. As for the front weights, we have a quick attach weight bracket that goes into the same mounts and handles up to 8 weights:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to look again but I believe the quick connect deck would interfere with the quick hitch bracket

·
JD 1025R
8 Posts
Try looking at heavyhitch.com they have a front weight bracket that hold 8 weights and can go over the quick hitch even if you have the snowblower quick hitch. (Easy on and off to use the blower)

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Below is the only other part I have to add to use the quickhitch on the front of my 1026R. Nothing has to be bolted or unbolted. I do not have a front PTO.

I also have Heavy Hitch Weight bracket. Nothing has to be bolted or unbolted for it either.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To use my broom for summer projects I need to removed the auto connect assy to run the front PTO its a pain

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes that would be a pain.

I think I would figure out a way to make a drive shaft the would hookup to the quick connect PTO.

How are you removing the auto connect?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The simplist way I think is taking the 4 pins off and dropping it down its just awkward

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im just going to be putting on my 54 inch snow blower and found out its not as easy to swap from mower to blower......I like my old 425 and 455 better every day! what is JD thinking? I could design a better way to install attachments!

·
1025R FILB Owner
299 Posts
Im just going to be putting on my 54 inch snow blower and found out its not as easy to swap from mower to blower......I like my old 425 and 455 better every day! what is JD thinking? I could design a better way to install attachments!
Did your 425/455 have the AutoConnect? Or a drive over deck? Did you have the 45 loader for it? Could you have the loader, mower deck, and a 3 point attachment on at the same time (assuming you had the rear 3 point and PTO)?

My point to both of you guys is that you have some give and take. There is some added stuff to allow the quick drive over and connection of the deck. This is optional added convenience. Since front PTO powered attachments are driven from the PTO used for the deck, something has to give. Why didn't John Deere design something different? It is simple. Almost ALL consumers aren't going to go from mowing the yard to putting on the front broom to sweep the grass off of the driveway instead of using something like a leaf blower. And they don't expect the average user to mow the lawn and then put the snow blower on to clear the drive, then put the deck back on in a few hour period.

I came from a Cub Cadet that could only have 1 implement on at a time. It could take an hour or more to switch between the aftermarket loader to a mower deck or rototiller. I became very good at planning what work I was going to do to minimize the amount of times I had to change things over.

Now I have a 1025R FILB. I don't have a mower deck for it yet or the iMatch. But in less than 10 minutes, I can take the backhoe off, the loader off, and add a 3 point implement. If I had some reason to buy a broom or snow blower, then I would opt for the mower deck and without the autoconnect. I still would consider and may purchase the autoconnect for the deck as if in the future, I needed a snow blower, well, there is just time to convert between the two and plan for it.

No machine or manufacturer is perfect. There are things we "wish" could different or better. But keep in mind we all aren't perfect either. My 1025R is a HUGE step over the Cub. And the Heavy Hitch products are great. Once I do buy the front hitch, I'll be ordering their weight bracket. They are a stand up company making great products.

Please understand I'm not trying to be negative or pick on anyone. I'm sure that John Deere would appreciate "real world" user feedback and suggestions. That may be the best way to continue the improvement (each generation) of what I consider to be great machines.

But I also always say my .02 is worth about half of that... lol :thThumbsU

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you unbolting the auto connect to remove it?

The whole assembly, auto connect & lift arms, can be removed in a couple of minutes by removing 4 pins.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did your 425/455 have the AutoConnect? Or a drive over deck? Did you have the 45 loader for it? Could you have the loader, mower deck, and a 3 point attachment on at the same time (assuming you had the rear 3 point and PTO)?

My point to both of you guys is that you have some give and take. There is some added stuff to allow the quick drive over and connection of the deck. This is optional added convenience. Since front PTO powered attachments are driven from the PTO used for the deck, something has to give. Why didn't John Deere design something different? It is simple. Almost ALL consumers aren't going to go from mowing the yard to putting on the front broom to sweep the grass off of the driveway instead of using something like a leaf blower. And they don't expect the average user to mow the lawn and then put the snow blower on to clear the drive, then put the deck back on in a few hour period.

I came from a Cub Cadet that could only have 1 implement on at a time. It could take an hour or more to switch between the aftermarket loader to a mower deck or rototiller. I became very good at planning what work I was going to do to minimize the amount of times I had to change things over.

Now I have a 1025R FILB. I don't have a mower deck for it yet or the iMatch. But in less than 10 minutes, I can take the backhoe off, the loader off, and add a 3 point implement. If I had some reason to buy a broom or snow blower, then I would opt for the mower deck and without the autoconnect. I still would consider and may purchase the autoconnect for the deck as if in the future, I needed a snow blower, well, there is just time to convert between the two and plan for it.

No machine or manufacturer is perfect. There are things we "wish" could different or better. But keep in mind we all aren't perfect either. My 1025R is a HUGE step over the Cub. And the Heavy Hitch products are great. Once I do buy the front hitch, I'll be ordering their weight bracket. They are a stand up company making great products.

Please understand I'm not trying to be negative or pick on anyone. I'm sure that John Deere would appreciate "real world" user feedback and suggestions. That may be the best way to continue the improvement (each generation) of what I consider to be great machines.

But I also always say my .02 is worth about half of that... lol :thThumbsU
X2:thThumbsU

·
Registered
94 Posts
They made the front PTO on the new X700's to adapt to the autoconnect. At least Deere says the autoconnect does not have to be removed for front powered attachments or something like that.
I would have bought a 1025r last year if it wasn't for this shortcoming. I'm hoping they will come out with a fix for this soon because I use my broom in the summer and would buy a 1025R as soon as they do.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just put the blade on our 1025. Having to add three brackets is a pain. I too was unimpressed with the design. Up side is it plows good.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
JD 1025R
8 Posts
Placed my snow blower on in December and I too had to remove the auto connect. It took all of 15-20 minutes and now that spring is almost here ( snowing in Connecticut today) I am getting ready to reinstall the auto connect. It's the first time I'll be placing it back on and not sure I'll remember the correct way but the dealer is just in the next town over and super helpful. Over all I had A 445 for 18 years loved it the whole time and now with the 1025R I love the 1025R even more. Just wish I could get mirrors for the machine and an inexpensive cab for the winter that also goes an and come off easily. My garage door has. 7 foot opening and the ROPS has a 7'2" clearance so it Needs to be folded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have pictures of all brackets for mounting the quick hitch to a 1025r? I am trying to fab some brackets to use my quick hitch from my old X720 to work on the 1025r and hopefully just have to purchase new hoses. Also would like to see some pictures of the mounting brackets attached to the tractor and then the quick hitch mounted also.
Anyone try this before?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts