My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the local JD dealer's website, the 1023e is "on sale" for considerably less than an X758. I currently have a 455 so I'm spoiled on diesel ;).

Now, all of these tractors are overkill for what I do (mowing only) but I'd like to replace the 455 with something similar.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the 2023e over the X758?

·
10,512 Posts
If you only plan on mowing, the X758 would be my choice. It’s lighter, it’s AWD system won’t tear up the yard, and it’s much more agile than the SCUT.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In the past I have owned other JD garden tractors & a 1026R for mowing. I currently own a x739 & a 1025R. The X739 is not diesel. That worked out great this year because gas has been a lot lower cost than diesel fuelI use the X739 for mowing.
For mowing only, I do not see any advantages of the 1023R over the X758. There are lots of disadvantages. The disavantages of the 1023R as I see them are a bigger turning radius, longer length, heaver weight, mechanical 4 x 4, ROPS & higher center of gravity. If you need a 3 point hitch, PTO & maybe a loader, the 1023R is the way to go.

A big advantage of the X758 over the 1023R, is the full time hydraulic 4 X 4. If you need 4 x 4 when mowing, as I do, the X758 is the way to go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

I'll probably come to my senses before I actually buy one, but I'm leaning more towards the X758. Let's see what new surprises the 455 has in store for this summer.

Also, I probably should have posted this in the SCUT forum rather than the CUT, I should have done more research :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts