My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just aquired a 10201 today and was looking at the LB parts viewer and it said the engine is an LB when in fact it is a B&S, is this common on this site or do I have a mower that somebody has changed the engine?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang I figured that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The V engine may be sub-par as far as Lawn-Boy engines go, but it's still better than a wheezing old "Milwaukee's vibrator" Briggs & Stratton.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The V engine may be sub-par as far as Lawn-Boy engines go, but it's still better than a wheezing old "Milwaukee's vibrator" Briggs & Stratton.
I picked up a 10201 today. The motor is missing the carb, recoil and tank. The Dead man's cable is missing and the throttle cable is also gone. The motor is good though. It is the original V motor. I shot a little carb cleaner in it and used my drill to spin start. It ran strong and smooth for a few seconds. You can have the motor for the cost of shipping if, you like. Probably cheaper to keep the Briggs than to buy all these parts and still have a "V".

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've posted elsewhere but want to mention it here also. I have been given a Lawn-Boy 10201. It's missing the tank/cover. The person that gave it to me said the tank was leaking. I hope he has kept it.
A couple of question. Is the inside of the Plate muffler painted black or am I just finding carbon buildup? I'm assuming the outside is bare metal. Also the levers for the Adjustable wheel apear to be flat black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts